All reviews bit dated stayed here for one night would stay again nice room comfortable bed good nights sleep soup of the day bar restaurant specials board well worth a visit haggis high street black pudding very pleasant stay kippers an evening meal twin room
Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

£105 for the night for 2adults amd 1 13 year old with breakfast inc.
Nice staff nice place only negative is when I got home from the football match we were attending at 22.15pm the bar and indeed the hotel was shut and in darkness as bar apparently wasn't busy so staff close at different times depending on if they are busy enough.most places I've stayed stay open for guests to get a drink or some food to say a reasonable 23-00-12 midnight.apart from that the gordon arms was a nice place.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

Room excellent, clean and tidy and comfortable bed. Lovely dinner and breakfast good homemade food and evening menu had good choices. friendly staff and dog friendly! Couldn't ask for anything more!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel at the start of a holiday touring the highlands. I had a really nice room with a really comfortable bed. Staff were friendly and welcoming and the bar was good value. Decor was not the most up to date but was fine for the room rate I was charged.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2017

Stayed at this hotel on 12th May 2017 with several friends. We were touring Scotland on our motorbikes 18 of us + support van... Middle aged men looking to rediscover our youth :-)
On arrival check in was straight forward, the room ( a twin room) was very comfortable. The bar staff were very attentive to our thirst and later fed us an evening meal, which was very nice. Our group remained in the hotel bar / restaurant for the evening. One of our number got his guitar out and was shortly joined by a local guy on his guitar. All in all a fantastic evening of music and song. Breakfast the following morning was really nice, plenty of everything. The girls serving the breakfast was FAB and were treated to sitting on our motorbikes for pictures before we left. Although we were passing through for the one evening I spoke to various other guest`s who were there for the fishing in the local area, which seems to be very popular. Can highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 27 was a very comfortable twin room
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2017

Honestly one of the worst hotels I've stayed in.

The food is terrible - it's either out of a freezer bag or thrown together. The gluten free options are not vegetarian so I asked for soup and to have the goats cheese salad starter as a main with a soda & lime- I was charged nearly £19! Don't even ask me about the veggie curry the night before..... Please do not waste your time eating here - The Station hotel in Rothes is cheaper and of far superior quality - it's worth the 10 min drive (trust me) £19.95 for two course Sunday dinner and it was lovely! I cant emphasise this enough.

The rooms haven't been decorated since the early 80s.
The kettle in the room is almost as old.
My 'ensuite' was basically a cupboard in the corner of the room - the shower would pulsate from boiling hot to cold, you couldn't regulate the temperature.
The bedding sheets were lovely, soft cotton though.

Breakfast is prunes, a fry up or porridge - so not great choice if you're vegetarian or trying to eat healthy (which I am). To be fair the poached eggs were ok.

This place is stuck in the dark ages. Absolutely no pride or attention to detail. I'm sure for the price there are nice B&Bs you could stay in or go a few more miles out to Aberlour or even Elgin.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business