My wife and I have just enjoyed a very special two night stay at Gleneagles Hotel and it is Simply the Best Hotel we have ever stayed at. We really were looked after from the moment we arrived, all the staff smiled and they simply could not do enough to help make our stay so relaxing and enjoyable. We really felt pampered and chilled out. While my wife was having a hot stone massage in the Spa I went to the The Stillroom by Deseo and savoured a couple of drams of Cragganmore and Dalwhinnie classic malts. The Dormy Clubhouse is a must place to visit especially after a long walk. Both night we went to the bar and enjoyed a couple of cocktails before dinner. The first night we ate in Deseo Restaurant which was very informal and the food was so fresh and cooked to perfection. On our last night we dined in the Strathearn Restaurant which has some cosy tables for two in both the restaurant and conservatory. The food was divine and I have to say was very reasonably priced. We stayed in suite in Braid House overlooking the putting green and we had stunning views over Perthshire. At the end of our two day stay we both felt relaxed and we were truly sad to leave but be in no doubt we will be back to indulge ourselves in the luxurious trappings available at Gleneagles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An iconic country estate set beneath the beautiful Ochil Hills, The Gleneagles Hotel has been a luxury destination for nearly a century. Located just one hour from Glasgow and Edinburgh airports and with its own railway station, Gleneagles offers the perfect retreat for those looking for relaxation, fun and adventure. Three championship courses have established Gleneagles' reputation as a golfer's paradise but the hotel offers so much more than golf. The 850-acre estate epitomises the rugged natural beauty for which Scotland is famed and offers guests a glorious playground of country pursuits and activities. Whether you come to fly a Harris' Hawk, ride horses, play tennis, go off-roading, train gundogs, shoot game, fish, enjoy Michelin-starred dining, or relax in an award-winning spa, Gleneagles offers a world of unforgettable experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Evoline ltd, Otel, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Gleneagles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gleneagles Hotel Auchterarder
- Gleneagles Resort Auchterarder
- Gleneagles Hotel Scotland
- Gleneagles Scotland/Auchterarder