All reviews loch earn dog biscuits dog friendly hotel fine dining loch view rubber duck homemade shortbread main restaurant scallops local walks dining room public areas wine list first class short break beautiful location hotel is situated
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at The Four Seasons over the weekend , nice room , comfy bed , bathroom with bath & shower & a great view from our window over Lochearn . Kettle with coffee , teabags , milk etc , TV in the room . Staff were lovely , always asking if you were ok & needed anything , food was excellent , had dinner there & breakfast This hotel is Pet Friendly . I would recommend this hotel 100% , will be going back

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Susan S, Owner at The Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and to hear that we looked after you so well. Feedback is appreciated. Hope to see you again soon. Best wishes, Sue

Reviewed October 8, 2018

This was my 2nd visit to the Four Seasons Hotel but the 1st since it was taken over, and I can already see great improvements being made. We stayed as part of the wine and food pairing evening which I would encourage people to take advantage of. The food was excellent which we expected from its reputation with the service being low keyed but very efficient with nothing being too much trouble or left to chance. We stayed in chalet 6 and if was good enough for the Beatles in 1964 (as the plaque highlighted) then it was good enough for me. It was clean warm and comfortable with a great view down to the loch it almost felt like being in a woodland cottage miles from anywhere but with a hotel right on its doorstep, the best of both worlds. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful, I had the full works and it was the quality of the produce which impressed me as well as the lovey view from the dining room I could have stayed here all day watching the world go by.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and it will not be my last visit.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Susan S, Owner at The Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Thank you for your kind words and so glad you enjoyed your stay - I will certainly pass your feedback on to the team. Hope to see you again soon. Best wishes, Sue

Reviewed October 7, 2018

I do find some reviews difficult to write as there are definite positive but negatives to this review that touch on the personal, that is to come.
Our room was large and over looking the Loch, clean but tired, the curtains are too small for the windows, the shower curtain could not be fixed (on our stay) not a disaster, the sealant around the bath was all brown, however all that can be forgiven however the vent above the bath was filthy dust and general dirt, it had not been cleaned for ages. In general terms the hotel is tired.
The food was excellent and the staff could not have been more helpful with dietary problems and in general the staff we saw were attentive and helpful.
The difficult bit--- I do not want to be served breakfast by someone that appears to have been on the tiles all night and his cloths look dirty, this is completely unacceptable, especially as 12hours prior they were perfectly presentable.
£150 per night in my opinion is far from value.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ScotlandMartians
Susan S, Owner at The Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Having taken over the hotel last year I am very aware that the hotel is in need of a facelift which I am currently working my way through. It is a bit like the Forth road bridge - never ending. Having said that I was disappointed that the problem with the shower blind had not previously been reported as good intentions were not enough to fix the problem this weekend. This will be fixed today.

Our maintenance programme recently included vent cleaning but this room was obviously overlooked and we are currently working our way through dealing with sealant and rust patches - the latter being a constant challenge with large vintage baths.

The waiter you mentioned is new, does not drink and unfortunately was not well. He came in to work when he probably should have been off sick (he did not make it in for his late shift). In his home country he was an English teacher but having recently arrived in the UK, he chooses to work because he has a good strong work ethic. With new staff, standards always have to be monitored and is part of their training and development.

Rest assured plans are in place to upgrade facilities but my greatest frustration is time!

Kind regards, Susan

Reviewed October 3, 2018

We enjoyed a delicious meal, served by friendly staff, overlooking beautiful views of Loch Earn, in a lovely relaxed atmosphere. A truly lovely evening, which ended with a fine choice of whiskies.
If you find yourself in this neck of the woods, I would recommend a visit here.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Susan S, Owner at The Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Jacqui, thank you so much for your kind words. It is really lovely when day guests take the time and trouble to let us know they enjoyed their visit. Hope to see you again. Best wishes Susan

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night in a chalet with our dog. The chalet was dated but clean and very comfortable with plenty of room. We had dinner dog in section of the bistro the food was good and locally sourced. The breakfast was excellent. If you don't like dogs this may not be the place to stay as there was a few staying. I would recommend this hotel for a relaxing break. The view is also amazing.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay. Whilst a dog owner, I am conscious that not everyone wishes to be around pets (we do have owners that bring cats on holiday) so we have created a pet free wing of rooms in the hotel. We have also just redesigned the layout in the Tarken which I think caters better for the needs of all visitors.
Hope to see you again soon. Best wishes, Susan