Lowest prices for your stay
US$138
PricelineUS$133
eDreamsUS$144
Booking.comUS$144
1,075 results
All reviews loch earn dog friendly hotel dog owners dining room public areas the main hotel first class short break stunning location smoked salmon relaxing break night break chalet bistro beatles walks scotland
Selected filters
Reviewed October 20, 2020 via mobile

Returned for a night in chalet number 5 - amazing view, good walks and peaceful. For anyone that has dogs and likes to take them on holiday with you this is a fantastic hotel. If you are looking for luxury maybe this would not be 1st choice. If you are looking for kindness, personal service and a friendly homely atmosphere this is the place to book. I have found the owner and staff faultless, they have gone the extra mile to make us feel welcome and most importantly to make us feel welcome with our dogs. Thank you Susan and your lovely staff for another enjoyable stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2020

This was very last minute decision to go somewhere for a weekend as a family of 3 (2adults and a child). I saw the offer for a 2-night chalet stay on Itison (with a 57% discount priced at £239 + continental breakfast and a bucket of soft drinks on arrival) and decided to book. The reality is that if you book with the hotel direct at £130/night for a chalet you are getting 3 nights for a price of 2 - pretty much the same cost as the voucher claiming 57% discount but you would also get one extra night free but I found this only after we arrived.

We arrived at 1.30pm and were told the chalet wasn't ready yet that was ok as we knew the check in is from 3pm. We had lunch in the hotel's restaurant that was nice and while eating we very given the key from our chalet and told it was ready. No info about breakfast times etc was provided, we very just given the key and the man from reception disappeared. We made out way to the Chalet 4 and were really looking forward to lay down on our bed after a very long drive. We opened the door and it smelt really dump, we found carpets in need of a deep clean, mouldy shower and rosey mould on the bathroom wall, there were places on the floor never touched by a mop. I opened a mini fridge and found some dog's hair beneath it - probably from the previous guests, also some cereals around the fridge, cocoa spills on the shelving above the fridge. No soap/hand wash in the bathroom - just the shower gel in the tank fixed in the shower area, no glass to put our toothpaste and toothbrushes. There was only 1 chair available and the beautiful view of lake was obstructed by a very dirty window that hasn't been cleaned for ages.
I also didn't find the promised bucket with soft drinks and phoned reception and mentioned that thinking that may be it will be brought the next day - this didn't happen. Our continental breakfast consisted of 6 mini packs of Kellogs and what I found in the mini fridge: 3 orange juice drinks, 3 pain au chocolat, 3 small yoghurts and 0.5l of milk - all dairy products were left in the fridge that wasn't turned on! And this all for a family of 2 + 1 toddler for 2 days. Also there were only 2 little plates and 2 bowls - we needed to take turns to eat.

We were told that hot breakfast would be and extra £15/pp and decided to try it on our 1st morning - my husband's choice was ok but definitely not worth £15, I opted for some scrambled eggs& smoked salmon in hope to share the eggs with our little boy - but found it so salty, there were literally crystals of salt on top.

We then left till the evening to come back and find our room in exactly the same state as we left it in the morning - I didn't want to report the cleaning issues on the 1st night as we were tired and our little boy wanted to sleep and hoped that it may get sorted by the cleaning next day - no luck. Upon check out I mentioned to the receptionist that the chalet could have been much cleaner and that it wasn't cleaned during the stay and received the answer that they would have normally cleaned every day but due to covid they now do this only upon check out. I'm sorry, this is something you have to warn your guests upon check in! Also no apology was provided for the overall cleanliness of the chalet.

Overall the pros are:

- beautiful location
- beautiful view
- nice meal during lunch (for extra ££ of course)

Cons:

- very very dirty (same reported by numerous other reviewers (someone else was also given chalet 4) and clearly the management is not taking this seriously). Even my husband who is not fussy at all was happy to leave mentioning that even my hair smelt of dump. All our clothes even the ones remained in the suitcases needed a wash because of smell and we only stayed there for 2 nights! Someone else also mentioned loads of cobwebs - we had the same in our chalet but were not bothered as too many other things were terrible. All this can be sorted out with a bit deeper and more regular cleaning - no excuse!!
I know how badly lockdown has affected tourism industry, that a lot of places are uderstaffed etc and we were coming with more than average expectations but it is clear that the cleaning issues have started long before covid.

- no info about breakfast times, surrounding area, facilities in the hotel etc upon arrival. Didn't feel very welcome.

- very pricey for what it was. 57% discount claimed on Itison voucher was just a marketing trick. We stayed in several other places in Scotland of the same category and for the same (£120/night) or lower price hot breakfast was included + the place was spotless.

- no wi-fi in chalet and very slow wi-fi in the main building

May be other chalets were better, may be the rooms in the main hotel are cleaner but just shocking that especially in the times of Covid they provide you with a room that dirty!

Beautiful location but if decide to return, we will definitely choose a different place to stay.

2  Thank AnnyZ_27
Reviewed October 2, 2020 via mobile

Had a beautiful 3 night stay at The Four Seasons for our wedding anniversary. There were flowers and Prosecco for us. The A la carte menu was fabulous and the food was very well cooked. The breakfast menu is extensive and I loved the avocado and bacon on toast. Tony and Shannon in the dining room both do a sterling job.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank marynotman
Reviewed September 30, 2020 via mobile

We had such a wonderful stay in one of the chalet lodges at four seasons.

The staff were so friendly and lovely, we had a drink in the little bar area overlooking the water. We did not have an afternoon tea ourselves but the couple next to us did & it looked really nice.

The locations & views in this hotel are breathtaking. We lay in bed & were able to see right out over the water. We were blessed with nice weather & spent the evening outside our chalet on the small patio.

We brought our furry friend with us, it is perfect for dog owners, lots of walks or cycle routes nearby. Not to worry if you are not a dog fan, there are areas of the hotel that are pet free. Lovely outdoor seating area too for outdoor drinks if you get the weather.

I am shocked to read some recent reviews which are poorer. I could not fault our stay in anyway. If you are looking for a peaceful quaint stay in a stunning setting, this is for you. If you are looking for a modern, well equipped lodge stay then this may not be your choice. This was rated a 3 star hotel & for us, it more than lived up to these expectations.

We look forward to our next visit already, hoping to come back in October.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank britt2302H
Reviewed September 22, 2020 via mobile

My partner and I booked this hotel through a dog friendly travel website last minute, we took our 3 dogs, one of which is dying of cancer so it’s her last holiday! :( it was also my partners 50th Birthday too. We were pleased we got somewhere and even more pleased that it was a hotel with chalets that were dog friendly and were supposed to have views! We booked the hotel and they were told it was my partners big birthday. We arrived and were shocked at how outdated the hotel looked, it seemed a little better inside so didn’t panic. We got our key and went up to chalet 4 it was disgusting dirty outside on the doors, windows were filthy, no view as such because the trees were too overgrown and lastly it smelled awful so stale and musty, it gave me asthma straight away and even my partner struggled with the smell. I immediately went down (steep walk down a slippy road) I told the lady receptionist I was not happy and that the room smelled, she was quite sarcastic and arrogant really, she said “everyone loved that chalet and asked for it, no one ever complained about the smell so I must be sensitive” with a lot of reluctance the gentleman with her took us to chalet 2 the chalet did smell but not as bad, the view was lovely but it was still so outdated with old plugs etc (the tv was tiny I could hardly see the picture while sat on the bed). Anyway we settled in as we were tired and driven 5 hours. Next day the breakfast was not nice you only got one piece of each item on your plate (1 bacon, 1 sausage, hard yolked poached egg) we were not offered pastries and when I looked at them on the side they were about 5 in a basket and most were burnt. We came back for dinner that night it was dreadful the burger was greasy and over cooked and things on the menu were so overpriced ( we got the same lamb dish for £12 cheaper in another restaurant the next night!) didn’t eat dinner there again and I didn’t come down to breakfast again. The plus side and only positive I found was the 2 lovely waiting staff who were run off their feet. We were there 5 days and they never came to the chalet once, the bark and muck was all over our carpet from our 3 dogs no carpet hoovered and no sweeper to do it yourself, no towel change either the floor ended up disgusting. The view was lovely but we still had a drop outside chalet that was not fenced off so I was on edge the whole time in case one of the dogs managed to run out when door opened. Also the chalet outside was pitch black the light outside was turned off about 7 I’ve put a pic in off the chalet at night when I walked the dogs you can just see the chalets window. Will never stay here again and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone it’s unsafe for dogs, children and the management are not bothered at all!

Date of stay: September 2020