“Great food, nice clean restaurant, staff could be a little more attentive”
Review of Bites of Europe

Bites of Europe
Reviewed 17 October 2017

This restaurant is relatively new in our town, so we have meaning to try it, so today was the day. So glad we did!

My son loves all things German and I used to live in Holland and visited Germany often, so we were excited to try it. We're pleasantly surprised to find a menu full of yummy sounding entrees and a very clean looking dining room. It felt like a European bistro type atmosphere.

The food: we ordered two lunch type meals. I ordered the schnitzel roll with pommes frites, and my son ordered the beef sandwich which was like a hamburger. His side item was also pommes frites. We THOROUGHLY enjoyed both enteees. The meat in both sandwiches was fresh and not dry at all. The rolls (or buns) tasted homemade. They were so good! And the frites (fries) were so crispy and tasty! So good! We wanted to eat one of the amazing looking desserts (creme brûlée, cupcakes, eclaires) but we couldn't find room for them. We intend to go by there sometime just for dessert!

We were happy with the price of the food. It was a lot of food for the price.

The only thing we were a little disappointed about was that the wait staff could have been more attentive. It wasn't super busy, but my drink was almost empty when I twice tried to get the servers attention to ask for more napkins, and to ask for the payment procedure, but she didn't offer to give a refill until we were ready to leave.

Other than that, though, it was a great experience and we will be back! Can't wait to try some of the other menu items!

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Our first visit to this restaurant. It will not be out last. Food was excellent. Dessert was also superb. Definitely a place to return to.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Loved it! Clean restaurant, attentive staff, & tasty food. Arrived close to closing so got the recommended specials. Not disappointed & didn't feel like they were trying to run us off. Worth the 40 mile drive & will definitely be back for more!

Reviewed 24 September 2017

My wife and I thought that we would try dinning at "Bites of Europe" today, on the advice of a dear friend.
We were not disappointed! My wife had the Cordon Bleu with spatzles and red cabbage and I ordered the Jager Schnitzel with spatzles and red cabbage. Everything was delicious, altogether. I can assure the owners that "we shall return"!

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Who would have thought real, authentic German food in a brick cottage alongside Main St., Manchester, TN?

Once inside you can tell the place is really new and that they spent lots of money making it warm and friendly. The smell of fresh baked goods is only a hint of how really good the food is. We had the lunch special which was a whopping $6.99! Hearty Hungarian goulash on the first chill of fall… a perfect dish.

What an interesting stop in small-town America. I suggest you do it too.