Just returned from a mid-week break with Shearings. Although a long and quite tiring journey, it was definitely well worth the trip. The hotel was really nice, with very friendly staff, good food, and as it looked as though our room had been recently refurbished, we were very pleased with our accommodation . Also the room was really spacious and warm.
Strathpeffer itself is very small and quaint. We did the trips out arranged by Shearings, and if you do this 5 day break, then do not miss the Gairloch Loop full day tour. At this time of year we were not expecting such good weather, but amazingly had clear skies with lovely sunshine which gave us some fantastic views around the route.
The tour coach driver ( John ) was one of the best we have ever been with on a coach break. His knowledge and banter made a good trip even better. He was absolutely brilliant.
The entertainment in the hotel was very good, especially Ronnie Ross, and with 4 free drinks every night, the whole break was really terrific value for money.
We always say we have had a good time when we take a lot of photographs, and we certainly took a lot of photographs on this trip !!!!! Lovely hotel, friendly people, and superb scenery. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peacefully set in its own grounds with lovely views over the colourful village square, this chateau style hotel’s traditional features have been carefully retained to strike just the right Highland note. A warm welcoming feeling comes as much from the friendly staff as from the fine wood panelled public rooms which have been carefully preserved. Strathpeffer itself is just steps away from the hotel and is renowned as an attractive Highland spa resort with fabulous Victorian architecture. Be sure to enjoy the scenic views of the village below from the open veranda. The massive peak of Ben Wyvis is the backdrop to this charming village. It’s a perfect base from which to explore Scotland’s dramatic Northern Highlands – mountainous countryside, sparkling streams, waterfalls and golden shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Bay Highland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highland Hotel Strathpeffer
- Bay Highland Hotel Strathpeffer, Scotland