We stayed there w/c 31/7/2017 with national Express Coach Holidays for 4 nights.
We had a room at the front of the hotel just above the entrance and found it to be a comfortable, well kept room. The room was a little cold at times but that was probably due to the inclement weather we had for August. The room was clean and the bathroom very good. The bed was clean and comfortable to sleep in. If we needed anything we only had to ask and the friendly staff obliged very quickly. The only fault I found was the floorboards made a lot of noise when you walked over them, particularly during the night when using the bathroom, but it is probably because it's an old hotel and probably one of it's charms.
The meals we had were very good, particularly the breakfast which set you up for the day's trips/exploring the stunning views and scenery in the highlands. The evening meal was adequate and different choice every night we stayed. The service was very good, in particular, Denisa who served our meals, she was very friendly, attentive and pleasant at all times, morning and evening, well done and thanks for your wonderful service.
We didn't see all the entertainment at the hotel as we used the pub down the road as it was much cheaper to drink in (Their entertainment was very good also) but we did see our last night's singer and he was very good and people enjoyed what they saw and heard.
Overall a very friendly and comfortable hotel to stay and would recommend it to anyone travelling in the highlands of Scotland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peacefully set in its own grounds with lovely views over the colourful village square, this chateau style hotel’s traditional features have been carefully retained to strike just the right Highland note. A warm welcoming feeling comes as much from the friendly staff as from the fine wood panelled public rooms which have been carefully preserved. Strathpeffer itself is just steps away from the hotel and is renowned as an attractive Highland spa resort with fabulous Victorian architecture. Be sure to enjoy the scenic views of the village below from the open veranda. The massive peak of Ben Wyvis is the backdrop to this charming village. It’s a perfect base from which to explore Scotland’s dramatic Northern Highlands – mountainous countryside, sparkling streams, waterfalls and golden shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Bay Highland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highland Hotel Strathpeffer
- Bay Highland Hotel Strathpeffer, Scotland