Free cancellation until 27/07
US$144
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
2,231 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiestwo fat ladiesgolf coursesteam roomdeluxe roomleisure clubspa treatmentsan upgradeafternoon teasea viewbar areabirthday treatrelaxing breaklovely hotelshort breakfirst classfantastic views
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

My parents told me about days when lavish weddings took place here with helicopters landing on the lawn. I decided to treat my girlfriend to an overnight stay after passing her university exams. I bought a deal from the hotel's own website at £109.

I soon learned those glorious days had long since passed. The so called double room was tiny and stuck away at the back of the hotel. Lucky I had a compass as there was no signage. I wouldn't have minded but the hotel seemed empty.

Worse followed at dinner. My starter was ok but my girlfriend's soup was poor. Worse was her steak pie mains where the meat was tougher than leather. No cooking skills in the cheesecake sweets.

All in all, a disappointing event. I can see why this hotel is ranked 5 out of 6 for Troon. I'd hate to see the 6th.

Avoid.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aldomartini
Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

Had the tastiest lunch in a long time here today.. the slow cooked beef to die for... sticky toffee pudding and salted caramel ice cream amazing will defo be back :-) sea view staff where really friendly

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Weechell
Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Upgraded to a superior room with views of the sea and Royal Troon golf course. Around a mile from the centre of town where there are a few bars and some really good restaurants to choose from but the hotel restaurant itself is up to a really high standard. Full access to the hotel’s relaxing spa is included in the price of the room and it is well worth a visit

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Polydolly1981
Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

We were looking forward to eating here. The website promises much and, with its serving the wealthy golfing set, we expected something special. We ate with friends in the bar. The food was uninspiring: my pan fried salmon was overdone and my wife’s risotto seemed microwave-fresh. The service was friendly but lacklustre. The bar selection was middle of the road. A disappointment.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Andrew F
Reviewed April 14, 2018

Having just returned home from our third visit we cannot thank the staff at the Marine Hotel for again making our break so enjoyable, having read bad reviews we arrived with an open mind this time ,we have nothing but praise for them,dinner was first class service was excellent breakfast was buffet style probably could have been warmer but still enjoyable Marine Hotel thank you we will be back...

Room Tip: Ask for sea view when booking.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple