All reviews amuse bouche rooms are huge coffee and petit fours first class drawing room afternoon tea beautiful hotel highest standard log fire special occasion top class sandwiches lamb lounge area friends wedding wedding reception my mum
Reviewed October 22, 2018

I stayed here for 2 nights in October for a friends wedding which was taking place in the hotel.
It is everything I expected and more. The hotel is very welcoming, cosy and warm. There are many nooks & crannies for you to sit and relax.
The food was amazing both in the resturant, breakfast and for the wedding.
Very personal service, attentive, excellent friendly staff.

As for the rooms - each one was different all had unique charm.

Would love to return agains solo some time to chill out some more during better weather :)

Room tip: Taxi to Troon town is cheap and quick. Ensure you explore the grounds.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2018

My sister, daughter and I spent two nights at the hotel. My sister made the reservations well in advance to particularly ensure that our two rooms had views of the sea. She also booked so that our breakfasts and dinners were included with our room rate. The staff were very friendly and kind. The concierge had great recommendations for our day tours. He added a spot where we could walk down to the sea and collect rocks and shells, which was lovely. Our rooms were luxuriously appointed and so comfortable. The food was plentiful and delicious, and the chef took obvious care with presentation. The wait staff and kitchen were also very helpful with accommodating our special gluten free and dairy free diets. Even though the hotel is large, I was very comfortable walking around in my slippers and reading in large, sunny common area. The spa staff and services were wonderful, too! We loved every minute of our stay at Lochgreen.

Room tip: We loved looking out on the sea! It's so nice to look out the windows and see such a special view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank carolannmp
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

I have been to a number of Costley hotels and restaurants, but never Lochgreen, partly due to the perception that it was overly expensive. Well it isn’t.

Booked for my mums birthday and the food was great, couldn’t fault it. The service was impeccable and the staff were friendly and knowledgeable.

As with other Costley restaurants when you book they usually ask if it’s a special occasion and true to form when the coffee and chocolates arrived they had written happy birthday in the plate.

In leaving it was raining and one of the staff walked down with my mum holding and umbrella over her head. You won’t get that in most other hotels and restaurants.

Can’t wait to return.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Gabrielritchie
Reviewed October 13, 2018

We visited at the weekend for dinner.The property is beautiful with neat gardens .
The front hall is welcoming.A real fire would be more fitting however than the electric one.
Dining room staff were likewise welcoming. The selection of wines was wide in both range of wine and price. Costley’s merlot was very palatable.
The choice of food was varied and extensive. Service was prompt and attentive. The table staff were not at all familiar with the dishes and were unable to tell us the names of the fish in the fish dishes or the names of the seafood in the seafood dishes. They did go and ask somewhere up the food chain.They were all at sea when I asked the names of individual cheeses on the cheese cart. I could name more of them myself. My wife gave up when it came to the difference between mint tea or mint tea with green tea. That seemed a mystery to the staff.
However the food was well cooked and well presented.
The dining room is impressively appointed.
The waiting staff require to be better informed .

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2018

We found all aspects of this hotel excellent. The staff were efficient, friendly and polite, and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. The accommodation was clean, well appointed and very comfortable. Our evening dinner was first class and the service attentive. We would highly recommend this hotel for a truly luxurious stay. We will be returning next year.

Date of stay: September 2018