“Great food friendly staff”
Review of Kirkmichael Arms

Kirkmichael Arms
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Maybole
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Serving quality food from 12.00 Noon till 9pm daily. Where possible we use locally sourced fresh produce. Early Bird Menu, Daily Specials Board, Lunch & Evening Menus.
Reviewed January 3, 2018

We booked as it was Saturday 30th Dec - We had a fantastic meal, I always say, I am going to have something simple and then I see the Specials board - and it never disappoints. We had the most wonderful breaded turkey steaks - and with my starter a beetroot chutney to die for. Staff as always friendly and helpful. And I must add that the beer was excellent

Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

We happened to come across this great little gem by accident whilst driving around the area.
From the outside it could be mistaken as someone's house, it certainly isn't the case inside.
The decor was lovely and the menu had something for everyone, even 2 teenagers who loved the cheese burgers.
The food was plentiful, well presented and quite frankly lovely!
Sadly we were too stuffed to have desert.
The lovely little gifts.for shop attached to it had lots of quirky, reasonably priced gifts.
We will definitely visit again when next in Scotland.

Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

The steak and sausage pie is simply wonderful - full of lean steak, tasty sausages and thick gravy. It is served with your choice of potatoes and a good selection of fresh vegetables.

We all had the same main course, so I can’t tell you how good the other dishes are!

Friendly service, reasonable prices, a lovely atmosphere and easy parking outside.

Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

Dad and I had booked last minute ( Boxing Day) but was treated to an amazing meal. Front of house staff were brilliant and the food tasted excellent. Thanks for the Boxing Day miracle!

Reviewed November 26, 2017

We live just on the cusp of Dark Sky Park on the Galloway Forest and this I suppose is our most local restaurant so we thought we would give it a try.
The only thing I can say is this meal was by far the best we have had in a long time.
You leave feeling very satisfied and for me I felt there menu offered a great selection between pub grub and something a bit more upmarket.
I had lamb which was so tender it melted in my mouth. A starter of prawn tempura which was delicious and a good size portion and to finish a cheese board which ended the meal perfectly. We will most definitely be back and this cosy quaint pub is now our firm favourite