“Excellent B&B”

Holmlands Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 9 Biggar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This B&B is in a perfect location. It's an excellent place to stay especially when a stop-over is required when travelling from Cheshire to Aberdeen. The rooms were very comfortable and spotlessly clean and the food was absolutely delicious. Both Verena and Graham were superb hosts and I would highly recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 September 2011

This B&B helped us out in a bind with accomodations and it was a great place, with very friendly and helpful hosts. The food deserves special mention and was among the best on our trip. Would definitely stay there again.

Reviewed 2 September 2011

Staying here was a special treat for the 5 of us (friends traveling together). Our friendlly hosts greeted us warmly and served tea and biscuits when we arrived. Our bedrooms were comfortable, and we had delicious breakfasts and dinners. We even had a choice of several items from the menu for dinner! I highly recommend this to anyone traveling in this area of Scotland.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We spent a night at Holmlands on the way to Edinburgh. We had read all the good reviews on Tripadvisor and heartily agree with them. Graham and Verena are great hosts and our room was spotlessly clean with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was sparkling and the towels and toiletries were of a superior quality to those in the 4 star Edinburgh hotel we stayed in the following night.
Verena's love of cooking is evident in the high standard of food she prepares. We had a delicious 3 course meal in the evening of our stay. No namby-pamby 'nouvelle cuisine' at Holmlands - this was home-cooked food at its best, from the melt-in-the-mouth beef to the divine sticky toffee pudding served with custard and cream. Next morning, there were home-made scones and preserves and eggs from Graham and Verena's own hens, together with locally-sourced bacon and sausage.
This couple really enjoy looking after their guests and we shall look forward to returning to Holmlands next time we travel to Scotland.
Highly recommended!

Reviewed 23 August 2011

Stayed in this dog friendly B&B before a grouse pointing test nearby with my HWV Nima. We were made very welcome in this superb B&B which was comfortable and friendly. We had a delicious dinner and the breakfast was first class. Would definitely stay again...

Room Tip: Stayed in a comfortable spacious front room which had lovely views and was very quiet...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We have stayed with Vernena and Graham several times as an over night stop, on our way to Scotland for holiday and have always found their hospitality second to none.

This year we decided to stay with them for a long weekend and I can only say, the longer you stay the more you enjoy your visit.

Verena is a true foodie and makes the most wonderful evening meals and breakfasts, Graham is a perfect welcoming host, who looks after you from the moment you arrive to the second you leave.

This year we brought the latest addition to our family a rather demanding cocker spaniel and he was welcomed with open arms, even providing cleaning facilities and walk recommendations and he was similarly treated as one of the family.

Holmlands is like a home away from home only better as you get looked after impeccably.

We have already booked an even longer long weekend for next year!

Reviewed 17 July 2011

I stayed at Holmlands Country House on my way walking from John O'Groats to Land's End for Parkinson's UK. Not only did Verena & Graham do me a discount to help me in my donation, they also did my washing for me and fed me a lovely tea and breakfast. I was incredibly well looked after and was made to feel very welcome. I'm really grateful to my hosts for looking after me so well and being so kind. Definately somewhere I'd return!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biggar
3.3 km away
15.6 km away
Tinto Hotel
Tinto Hotel
#3 of 4 in Biggar

Been to Holmlands Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!