“Great choice & value for the hungry walker”

The Cottage Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 13 Restaurants in Bowmore
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Reviewed September 30, 2017

A very good option if you need to refuel in Bowmore, especially on a wet day! I enjoyed a genuine home made burger (vegetarian option looked good too), which would have been five stars except that the chips were not homemade.

Rangasamy D, Owner at The Cottage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2017

Thank you for your visit and constructive review.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

I really thought I made a mistake when I impulsively walked into this eatery. It wasn't the restaurant of my choice. The one I wanted was booked and this place looked as dated as I thought the food would be. Oh was I so wrong. The food was so very good. I tried my companion's curry, not believing this small, unassuming eatery in a tiny town in Scotland could master Indian food. Wrong! Excellently flavored, tender meat, authentic Indian taste...comparable to some of the best Indian restaurants you'll find. The chicken wings and vegetable quiche...plate licking good! I left the place highly impressed. It might take a little while to be served (not too long, though) because there was only one hard working, charming, polite and efficient woman serving. That! is the type of experience I want when I travel.

1  Thank msdreadhead
Rangasamy D, Owner at The Cottage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Thank you for your visit and your constructive feedback. This will help us to build more on our standard of food and service.
The hard working, charming, politeand efficient woman is delighted with your appreciation. Thanks again

Reviewed August 29, 2017

We arrived in the Cottage Restaurant for breakfast and the smell of the curry cooking for lunch was fantastic... We had lattes and filled breakfast rolls which were both excellent. Staff were very accommodating for the children. Highly recommend

Thank you for your review on our restaurant. These kind of review will help us to push forward more on our standard

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Went here for a takeaway. The service was freindly and the food was good.
The chicken pakora was spicy HOT!
Will go back again.
Just a thought... is the name the best one. It's more like something from the far east, and very good for that too. Cottage Restaurant?
Will be back, you should too!

Reviewed August 11, 2017

Dose not look much from the out side and some would say a little date inside.
The menu may not be a large as some places to eat on Islay, but what is there covers all most every taste. Pop in midday and had a sandwich / toastie with coffee and tea and cake all fresh and homemade. Then come back in the late afternoon for dinner, it was great. All cooked fresh and service was first class, they do not sell alcohol but are happy to give you a glass f you want to bring your own. You must try the Jacket Potatoes :)

1  Thank Mark H
Rangasamy D, Owner at The Cottage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Thank you for your much appreciated review.