“A nice meal by the seaside”

Lochside Inn Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Bowmore
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 November 2017

A very nice place, where you can watch the sealife while you eat. The food is good and the meals are not too costly. Good value for price, and above all the people who served were very friendly and welcoming. I do recommend this place.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

My wife and I booked a table at the Lochside Hotel Restaurant based upon other Tripadvisor reviews. Although there seems to have been a mix-up with our booking (I am not sure whether the staff were expecting us), the staff quickly organised a table for us. Unfortunately, despite asking when booking for a table next to the window overlooking the beach (which was very picturesque and we were pleased to see oystercatchers and other waders and seabirds on the beach), we weren't offered one of these tables, but sat further back in the room. My wife and I generally only order mains and desserts, and we weren't waiting too long for our food. My wife ordered the steak and Islay ale pie and I ordered chicken flatbread, which were both delicious and filling. For dessert, we both chose sticky toffee pudding, which was far better than the offering we had ordered on an earlier occasion at another hotel restaurant on Islay. Here, we spent just under £40 for our mains, dessert and 2 drinks, which we thought was reasonable value. We would recommend this restaurant for a tasty pub meal in a pleasant environment.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We wanted to stay in the hotel but the people had been so impolite that we did not stay. But he bar is great - I have never seen so many excellent whiskys !

And they gave as a wonderful time !

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We booked and were glad of it. The food was good and hot and the service was thoughtful and we were served reasonably quickly despite the full house.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Visited here for a bite to eat on our day trip to Islay. The cullen skink and fish and chips were both great. Good value for money and the service was great. Enjoyed a nice pint of Tennents after a long cycle.