The Tide B&B(Dunvegan)
Minnie's Rooms(Dunvegan)
Brae Cottage(Dunvegan)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfish and chipshotel baran evening mealpuddingwarm welcomethree chimneysalison
Reviewed September 9, 2015 via mobile

When we arrived for lunch the restaurant was empty, the waitress that served us looked like she was annoyed that anyone had dared come in for lunch, she made little effort to be polite or attentive, she took our order, then promptly plonked our meals on the table when they arrived, the food was ok but nothing special, we were then watched for the whole time we ate, very awkward, in the end we rushed to leave. We won't be returning here.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Kevin W
Reviewed September 3, 2015

Spent one night here while touring Skye. The room was very spacious and clean with a great view over the water. Hotel itself needs some TLC. Young staff visiting from the Czech Republic were very efficient and willing to please. Our dinner was fabulous. Started with liver pate, oat cakes and salad. For a main course I had a delicious goat cheese and spinach risotto while my husband tried the chicken stuffed with black pudding on a serving of haggis and mashed potatoes and FRESH vegetables - a rare treat. To top it off I had a heavenly hot ginger pudding. Breakfast was equally as good, served hot and with a smile.

Room Tip: Get a room with a water view
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2015

We had our breakfast at Dunvegan Hotel some days ago, even if the breakfast time was over.
Nice staff. Good quality of the food. Rather expensive (Skye prices!).
We didn't sleep at this hotel, which however appeared rather old-fashioned and needing some restoration works. Somehow charming.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2015 via mobile

I came in on a whim, they had a room older lady real nice! Left for trip about half hour( wrong way) returned. Asked cute blond for directions to Fairy Pools and was real helpful. Now, returned to hotel, showered and went to bar for dinner. Order beer, app while contemplating dinner choice. Ask cute blond to offer suggestion, question one entre and she had no idea what I was asking. So I order venison burger medium rare, says "chef" only cook well???? Is this a UK thing? Well I opted for it, man just burger and cheese, but hey that's what menu said so, I guess?wasnt bad but disappointed. Very non attentive had to ask for more beer, water. I give so so

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Matt W
Reviewed August 14, 2015

Wife and I stayed for one week. No issues as others noted. Structure is dated but room was clean and bright. Staff friendly and helpful with ideas regarding touring. Also, helped us in communicating with a local artist. Good location (near historical sights, some good restaurants and some stores. Ate dinner there once and food is satisfactory. Down stairs bar was nice - had music one night. Other nights, ate at Old School House, 3 Chimneys, and relatives. WiFi was touch and go, but not a surprise as even cell phone service on that part of the island is spotty.

Room Tip: Back room have nice view of the water.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family