All reviews isle of skye log burner an evening meal fantastic breakfast scottish breakfast biscuits two nights home made road trip salmon bed and breakfast comfortable beds twin room warm welcome fantastic hosts feel at home willie
Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

So as others have mentioned..super nice rooms....comfortable beds....super big bathtub and shower. Water pressure a little low in shower but plenty adequate and really hot. Bathtub awesome. But....without doubt best food on island. And really the only good option around. Bring your own alcohol as Betty does not have liquor license. For dinner...lamb shank totally succulent and moist...gravy was beyond superb...and each of the different veggies...potatoes, brussel sprouts, carrots and zuchinni was individually perfectly cooked. So was the salmon. Each only 11 pounds. Scottish breakfast equally tasty with a substitute choice of scrambled eggs with salmon. Betty was so nice and hospitable. This place is the bomb. Food way better than restaurants in Portree.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2017

As a little kid I remember my mom taking us to visit our Great Aunt's house. I had a flashback to that same kind of uncomfortable feeling here. Like I was an intruder rather than a guest, and I had better be careful not to fuss with anything. Like that computer in the guest lounge. Seemed like a kindness, since the wi-fi did not work in the bedrooms, to have that for guests. Except it was not for guest use. Scolded, appropriately, of course.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martinex
Reviewed September 12, 2017

I very rarely write reviews but this Guest House is heavenly!! I was travelling alone and stayed here to explore Skye for a week. I couldn't have had a better time or have been made to feel more welcome. Betty and Willie are friendly, cheerful and genuine hosts and the house is gorgeous. Immaculately clean, fabulous breakfasts and dinners, scrumptious bed and the view is simply incredible. Even the biscuits are home made !! You MUST stay here if you come to Skye and if you only book one or two nights you'll regret it! I would love to come back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Julie G P
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Hallaig Guest house for a couple of nights with my father, on a trip around the highlands. Hosts were welcoming and made you feel at home. The giant breakfast was amazing and set you up for the day ahead. Our twin room was very clean and more than comfortable. I loved staying here and would definitely recommend!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

Travelling as part of a motorbike tour, booked twin room and King room. Rooms lovely, and everything covered. Helpfully, hosts provided an option for an evening meal so we did not have to go out on the bikes again. Breakfast good. Relaxing lounge with log burner. Location good. Recommended!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends