“Cannot fault this place”
Review of Ben More Lodge

Ben More Lodge
Cuisines: Scottish
Reviewed February 22, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the chalets for 2 nights. Had breakfast both mornings and dinner 1 night. The food could not be faulted. I had macaroni cheese and the husband had the venison burger. Both plates cleared with happy faces and full bellies! Husband had apple crumble with ice cream and I had a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows for pudding. The hot chocolate is without a doubt the nicest I have ever tasted! Went back the next night for another one. Perfectly sweet and not bitter.
Lovely little pub to relax and spend a few hours in. Cannot fault it at all.

1  Thank Needan

Reviewed February 8, 2017

The last time I was in the Ben More as a cup of tea stop was all of 30 years ago and frankly I didn't think it had improved. Staff were very nice and what we ordered arrived promptly.
We ordered a couple of scones and these were dry and burnt on top. I got the feeling that they were definitely not fresh. Out in front there were large pot holes which tends to indicate lack of care....The restaurant look nice and traditional. Didn't try any meals.

1  Thank robert g
Reviewed February 1, 2017 via mobile

Attended the Ben more lodge for an evening dinner. Food was excellent and entertainment was brilliant. It is a quaint, warm and traditional premises.

Food was reasonably priced and a 3 course meal for 2 including drinks was around £34 which is superb.

I will certainly be returning again.

1  Thank Colin C
Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

This little place is a perfect haven in the middle of nowhere relaxing peaceful dog friendly, bedrooms clean warm cosy lovely shower and bed is soo comfortable, food is great, just the write price for the night we felt, only thing is no Internet or mobile signal so you have to go to the bar area but we didn't mind that so much lovely place, would definitely recommend this place we will be staying again in the summer

1  Thank chilled81
Reviewed January 9, 2017 via mobile

Whilst staying in the cottage next door it was the perfect place for a pint.

It was warm, with nice beer and a pool table the the teens to play on.

Enjoyed visiting, being a group of 8 it was difficult to sit together, but I guess the same can be said about most pubs.

Would pop in again when next passing