All reviews main building log cabin west highland way the pub panini ate here pit stop balmoral chicken bite to eat full scottish breakfast was included night's sleep next morning open fire isle of skye soup food was lovely
Reviewed September 21, 2018

Always a warm welcome at Ben More Lodge. Clean, well equipped, warm lodge, always sleep well in the comfortable beds, so much so that we overslept and were late for breakfast, however that wasn't a problem and were served a scrumptious full breakfast with a smile. Had a delicious evening meal, including mouth watering home made white chocolate and vanilla cheesecake made by the lovely Lisa. Nothing too much trouble, brilliant staff, love it here.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

This is possibly the worse place I have ever stayed.
We booked a lodge for 3 nights arriving Friday 14/09/2018
Received e mail on Thursday 13/09/2018 informing us that the hotel had no hot water for showers due to burst water pipe.
We were told that they were working hard to fix the issue.We went along and booked in on the Friday afternoon.The lodge was dirty smelt of urine the bedding was stained as were the carpets,the shower did not work UK the sink is too small to do anything or be of any use.
The toilets in the bar/restaurant area were appalling dirty unable to flush.Evening menu poor availability of food we ended up going elsewhere to eat.Bar ran out of beers poor availability.
Hotel felt dilapidated and run down staff looked tired and beaten albeit friendly.On further investigation we found hotel is up for sale and listed in the selling details is the fact that the boiler need completely replacing this would explain the no hot water issue.On looking back and talking to some local people the hotel have not had hot water since August.
How do the staff who live on site wash????
How do they carry out a catering operation without hot running water???
Do yourself a favour and book somewhere else this is a NO NO NO.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2018

I've relied on TripAdvisor for YEARS and this is the first time I've felt compelled to JOIN JUST to leave a review of my own.

Dirtiest bathroom I've ever seen/smelled. Shower was moldy and water pressure was horrible (not that I would have gotten in the shower anyway). Bathroom smelled so strongly of mildew/urine it was unbearable. I know...you're thinking, why did we even stay? Chock it up to too long on the road and not thinking clearly. Embarrassed to even write the review and admit we didn't ask for our money back immediately and hit the road. :(

In hindsight we should have slept in the car....or on the lawn under the stars.

Staff was nice, though all seemed tired and a bit downtrodden.

Room tip: my advice: don't choose a room, find a different hotel
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Booked to stay the night after a long walk up Ben More. Arrived at Ben More Lodge to be told water pressure was low. Went we went for a well needed shower, there was no hot water. Reception said sorry.
Never stayed, but poor German woman had no other accommodation.
And no entertainment.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

I have written a lot of reviews and always try to be objective, so here we go;

On driving through the village we went past the place, we turned around and as we entered the driveway our first words were “Oh dear NO!”

We were greeted nicely and taken to our room- and I have to say that the employed staff - a mother and her daughter - were very nice and friendly and did the best with what they had to work with.

The ‘Lodge ‘ room 11, a twin was in reality a run down rotting wooden building. On opening the door there was a musty smell.

The furniture was shabby, the divan beds looked like they had been rescued from a refuse skip, with rips and stains. The bedding was white and clean though.

The bathroom was tiny, the toilet flushed only when it wanted to and the shower - now this is another story - we were contacted the day before and told that due to a leak in the village the water pressure was very low and the shower would not work. We were given the option to cancel, but at such short notice I could not get anywhere else, so really we had no option. I have since found out that this last minute problem has been going on for about a month!

We sought solace in the on site pub and restaurant. It’s tired and shabby too, but as I said, the staff were friendly and the WiFi free.

The evening meal was average price but below average quality. A free desert was offered as compensation for having no shower.

I didn’t feel safe or secure in the room so slept badly, not helped by noise from the road and the dripping toilet systern.

Breakfast is from 8 TIL 9am, except today when she forgot to open the door, leaving us waiting for 10mins in the rain. Breakfast was exactly what we expected by now- dreadful. Cold, cheap.

If you are looking at this one, bear in mind our first reaction - “Oh dear NO!”

Date of stay: August 2018