Lowest prices for your stay
US$262
View deal
Free cancellation until 21-06-24
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Hotels.comUS$262
All reviews loch lomond log fire the cottages mussels haggis smoked salmon lovely village my partner evening meal stayed one night steak menu scotland wedding courses
Selected filters
Reviewed May 3, 2021 via mobile

We went for a family meal tonight. I asked if I could have mash instead of chips and was told no! I got the vegetarian haggis, it was just Pearl barley with microwaved turnip and smash, and it was luke warm! The table was sticky, my husband asked for a cloth but it never came. My kids burgers were chewy and none of them could finish them. It was so disappointing that we didn’t bother getting desert.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2020 via mobile

This review is about a restaurant visit on Saturday 5 dec. On arrival we were sat at a table that had not been set. after sitting down we discovered the table was filthy there was food sauce and crumbs from the last customers all over the table it clearly had not been wiped down. This was no big deal and we just wanted to move to another table. We spoke to James the sales manager of the hotel and asked if we could move table as that table was dirty his response was extremely rude and he was very defensive he just snapped back all tables are fully sanitized. I politely explained that the table was dirty and hadn't been wiped. he then snapped again all tables are fully sanitized. I said I know that but you're not listening to me this table is dirty if you want to have a look you will see for yourself. he wasn't interested in doing this and just repeated for the third time all tables are fully sanitized. I was never anything but polite to him but his attitude was shocking. he was not interested in anything I had to say as he said the same thing three times all tables are fully sanitised without even taking one look at the table where he would have seen it was filthy even our menus that were sat at the table were covered in food and sauce from the previous occupants on the back. if it hadn't been a Saturday night and impossible to get another restaurant we would have about turned and walked out. that was the first time trying the restaurant and will be our last. apart from the shocking service from your sales manager James the food was basically pub grub but the menu was full of fancy words making it sound amazing but what you're really paying for is pub grub and you would find nicer food in a Wetherspoons for a fraction of the price. We ordered our desert. After it came we were told that we would have to take it and sit and eat it outside in a pod as it was after 8pm as we weren't a resident. This came from the manager James and his waiter came and reluctantly told us. The staff should have came and said to us if you are having desert you need to order it now otherwise at 8pm you need to go and sit outside. Instead they let us order it and then when it came said the manager said we have to eat it outside. If that had been me working there I'd have said well you come and tell paying customers they need to move table go outside and eat their desert. We went outside to a freezing cold pod and when I say freezing I mean freezing the table was stone cold. Outside when it came to paying our bill the card machine wouldn't work as no signal so we had to then go back inside to pay our bill anyway. I realise there are rules and if people cant be on the premises after 8pm that is fine but tell your customers this ! Dont wait til they order desert you bring it to then tell them oh but you need to eat it outside the manager said. When we were there eating our meal your sales manager James was also having a full blown argument with another couple. We have no idea what this was about so cant comment but the couple got up and walked out but before that the woman was shouting get the police go on and call them. Your restaurant was empty. 3 days after my visit to your place I went to duck bay on a tues night and it full. the service was amazing the food amazing everything about the place. Similar prices to your own place if not practically the same but for a far far superior meal. Total night and day. I am always for supporting local businesses and if it wasnt for the disgusting attitude of James I wouldn't even be writing this review slating you. I'd have let it go. I've worked in customer service all my life as has my friend I was with and we were both appalled. Your restaurant is empty on a Saturday night not a soul in it tells me something is wrong. Start but having a word with your sales manager with his behaviour.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2020

On arrival we were able to book straight into our room for our 2-night stay, which was the Buchanan room in the annex. The room was a little small but had a KSB and the usual facilities, coffee making, TV, one chair but was lacking a little in wardrobe space, but for two nights this was not a problem. The shower good and the quality of toiletries and towels was excellent. There was complimentary WIFI throughout the hotel. Due to COVID19 the room was not made up during our stay. Breakfast was included and was taken in the main bar area. On the two mornings we were eating, there was only one person serving breakfast. As we arrived promptly this was not a problem but with only table service it could cause a long waiting time when busy. Both evenings we also ate in the hotel. There was a reasonable choice on the menu and the food was well presented, tasty and arrived hot, there was also a good selection of wines and beers on offer.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed October 28, 2020

Driving back to catch our flight from Glasgow Airport we called into the Loch Lomond Arms for lunch - a good call in hindsight.
Despite being very busy the helpful staff found us a table for two and we dined on venison loin and a veggie burger - both were excellent.
Well worth a visit when in Luss.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed October 27, 2020

Booked for meal but because of covid restrictions could not drink wine at at table and had to drink outside, no real problem. Cost of two fish meals £33.00 no problem.
What has got my back up is the sheer greed and profiteering of the management, £30.00 for a bottle of house Rioja. What a rip off profiteering greed ridden establishment.

Date of stay: October 2020