“Amazing cottages”
Horse Mill Cottage (left) and The Old Cart House (right)
Heated Indoor Swimming Pool and Indoor Hot Tub Views from the Fabulous Outdoor Hot Tub
Check Availability
The Old Cart House Garden Views
Forestry Walks from the Doorstep
Surrounding Countryside
Winter Wonderland
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Margaret...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Amazing cottages”
Reviewed May 15, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We had all three cottages to celebrate a 60th.birthday,what a fantastic time had by all,what a great set-up,clean and fantastic facilities,thank you very much for a great weekend.

Your age range 50-64
18 May 2018
We are very happy to know that your weekend celebrations were so successful. Thank you for your great comments and for taking the time to leave us a review. Kate & Ian
GORDONC26...
Maybole, United Kingdom
“Weekend to remember!”
Reviewed May 14, 2018 for a stay in May 2018
people found this review helpful

I stayed here with my family for my Uncles 60th and it was fabulous from start to finish. The barn conversion has been completed to a very high standard and there was everything we needed. We booked all three cottages and had exclusive use of the facilities. The pool, hot tub, games room, tennis court are all fantastic. The kitchen in Horse Mill Cottage is perfect for hosting large family meals. The rooms were very clean and pleased to see that the property has been looked after. This is a gem of a place to come and relax and enjoy some family time. Plenty of nice walks if you need to stretch your legs. Don't forget the charcoal if you're planning on having a bbq, nobody in our party remembered and I picked 10kg up from Auchtermuchty and decided to carry it back to the cottages (I really should've used the car ) Great holiday break, hopefully be back again.

15 May 2018
Thank you so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay at the cottages for your Uncle's 60th birthday celebrations. We love welcoming special family gatherings and we try to help everything run smoothly. It's lovely to get such great feedback. Kate & Ian
Edinburgh...
Edinburgh
“Fantastic family holiday”
Reviewed April 18, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in The Old Stables at Easter. The cottage was perfect. Kitchen well equipped; two bathrooms which as a family of 5 was ideal; a log burner which was great when the snow came. The fenced off garden was great too having a little one with us who enjoys running! Our boys were kept entertained with the swimming pool on site and games room. Our favourite thing was the location. Right next to a forest we really enjoyed walks in the wood and also some cycling before the amazing snow arrived. The cottages are opposite a deer farm and a couple of horses are in the field up the road which were great for a walk with a 1 year old. Just such an amazingly peaceful area.
We would definitely like to return to the cottages.

19 Apr 2018
Thank you for letting us know about your recent holiday with us. It was a pleasure to meet you and your family and we are very happy to learn that you had a lovely relaxing holiday. We look forward to seeing you again. Kate & Ian
lukeball9...
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Fantastic weekend”
Reviewed March 25, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Booked out all three cottages for the entire family. Facilities were clean and the cottages were in a brilliant location.
Games room and swimming pool were brilliant for the kids.
The surrounding forest and villages were a great trips out. Highly recommend if anyone was looking for a weekend away from everything.

19 Apr 2018
It's lovely to know that you had such a wonderful weekend. Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. Kate & Ian
ash7leigh
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Cottages”
Reviewed March 7, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

We booked all three cottages for 14 people for my mums birthday and I can't recommend this place enough - we were all very impressed. The location of the cottages is amazing - very beautiful and peaceful surroundings. You're close to St Andrews and Anstruther which are also lovely places to visit. The facilities make this place well worth the money you pay to stay here: even when we were snowed in we could still enjoy the hot tub and pool!!

On arrival the cottages were spotless and are equipped with everything you could ever need. Each cottage also had: sachets of tea, coffee, sugar and hot chocolate; as well as some biscuits: also in each of the fridges there was a bottle of wine and a carton of milk which I thought was a lovely touch. You could tell that the cottages and facilities are well maintained. We did have a couple of issues with the pool not maintaining heat due to a problem with boiler continuously cutting out during the second half of the week: however the owners did everything they could to make sure we were still able to use it. The WiFi isn't the strongest however I do believe that's due to the location; not that you need it as there is plenty there to keep you entertained.

Towards the end of our stay we did have really bad snow making it near impossible to leave the cottages. However the owners did make sure the paths around the cottages were cleared everyday so we could at least walk to and from the pool, hot tub and games room area.

My only negative is that I didn't find the beds comfortable at all. The mattresses were far too firm for me but some people do prefer that. However it wouldn't stop me from returning.

This place definitely exceeded my expectations and I really hope to come back soon.

19 Apr 2018
We're delighted that you had such a lovely stay and that your Mum's birthday celebrations were a great success. I think the heavy snow and high winds were causing a few technical challenges at times during your stay, but I'm glad that we were able to resolve these few small problems for you. I'm sorry you didn't find the mattresses to your liking. We have had many compliments about the quality and comfort from other guests and as you rightly say, it is quite an individual preference when it comes something like this. We very much look forward to welcoming back another time.
Gill B
tranent
“What a find”
Reviewed February 9, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

What a great find these cottages are, we stayed in Horse Mill cottage which sleeps six. It was so spacious and clean. We were celebrating my 60th Birthday and wanted somewhere that family and their lovely dog could join us. This was ideal and the week has flown past. The directions were straight forward and as I said we found the cottage spotlessly clean .The owners have thought of everything from the starter pack to the towels for the cottage and also the pool towels. What can I say about the swimming pool other than just brilliant we loved it, I so enjoyed siting in the outdoor hot tub and just looking at the deer on the hills so peaceful and quiet. My husband and sons liked the games room and enjoyed playing pool, a great family time. While we were there the snow came but this was not a problem in fact it added to the beauty of the place and Ian cleared all the paths before we even woke up. There's plenty of great walks on the doorstep. Everything you would ever need is found at Newhill Farm Cottages, I would highly recommend these cottages and will be back ourselves in fact I’m about to book for next year.

19 Apr 2018
Thank you for your review. We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much.
Jean R
Shottle, United Kingdom
“Mr”
Reviewed September 15, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

This was our second visit to Newhill Farm Cottages. We rented all 3 properties as a family for 4 nights. Wonderful place. All mod cons and wifi ( if you need it) but generally spend time here in the pool or the hot tub and enjoying lovely country walks. Kate and Ian are very accomodating hosts and make themselves available to sort any problems ( of which there were none). Very well kept gardens and immaculate cottages. Warm and cosy. Well worth a visit.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing