“OK Hampton Inn”

Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240
Ranked #67 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I should start by saying that the staff is really good here. Not a super great area of town but if you're passing through for a quick stay off the highway or pretty close to the airport it'll do. Rooms are clean.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240

Reviewed 21 January 2012

Nice hotel, decent breakfast, clean rooms, friendly staff, easy highway access.
Not in the best of neighborhoods, not in the worst of neighborhoods.

Room Tip: I avoid rooms on the first floor. On the second floor and above people walking by cannot look in th...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Location is fantastic just minutes away from all attractions. Quiet, clean and well run. The front desk staff could not be better. All were very helpful in giving us directions and offering suggestions. Hampton Inns are the best -- and this one is great. So close to the airport -- I will be back again and again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Located outide of Memphis in the Southeast corridor. Stayed en route to Florida, so the hotel was located perfectly for our desire to get a fast start the next morning. The front desk was courteous and efficient, and our room was spacious and clean. The complimentory breakfast was excellent. We'll stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boesky
Reviewed 3 December 2011

This hotel has many of the amenities that we anticipate have grown to appreciate when staying at a Hampton Inn. I would not recommend this hotel for a long term stay. The gym only has a treadmill and an eliptical. The cable on the TV is fuzzy and there are not that many channels. The location is convenient to the highway, but very close to Beale street or any great restaurants. If you are staying short term this place is great for a nights rest. The lobby is very nice.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank MD_Crofton
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This hotel was BEAUTIFULLY decorated for fall. It was very cozy and we felt right at home.Carolyn was very helpful in giving directions to the restaurant we wanted to go to.

Room Tip: Always stay at Hamptons
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
tclemons, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Carolyn is a delightful, and has been with the hotel for quite a while. I am the new General Manager here at Hampton Inn Thousand Oaks, and the whole staff has made the past weeks very warm and inviting. It pleases me to know that the same hospitality is shown to our guests. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Take care, and safe travels. tclemons

Reviewed 20 September 2011

I had a flat tire on the way into Memphis. I changed it and made it to the Hampton Inn on South Perkins. We were greeted at the front desk by a very pleasant desk manager. She got us our room and then there were no pillows for the fold out sofa for our 4 and 5 year old kids. She brought them right up to us. ( Our King sized bed is exactly what we needed) We asked her the checkout time. She stated 12pm. We asked if we could stay later because of the late check in. She gave us an additional hour. That way I could take the van and get the tire fixed that morning before check out. ( Thats another story about Sams club, Who could learn something about customer service from the Hampton Inn) The next morning I got up early and went down to find a huge free breakfast provided by the hotel. Waffles, Fruit, Sausage, Omelets, everything you could want for breakfast. I used to travel allot. But the last few years I haven't had too. Then I always felt safe at Hampton Inn. Now It's Good To Know it's still the same. Hampton Inn is Great.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family