“Good, Clean, comfortable, convenient”

Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East
Ranked #48 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good, Clean, comfortable, convenient”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Great place to stay during a wedding weekend. When you first arrive, pay attention. Finding the hotel entrance on the busy highway can be difficult.

Breakfast was very very good with many options! However, I found a rate with breakfast included. If I had been asked to pay $20 separately for my wife and I to eat I might not be so enthusiastic. Still though, it was a far superior offering to a comparable hotel with included breakfast, I suppose that's why it can't be offered totally free.

Bathroom is a little small for 2+ people, but I don't see that as a problem if you're there only 1-3 days.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
VincentHanna, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you PedroMan83 for taking the time to leave a review of your time with us. Yes! We do agree that the first time arriving at our property, you have to learn the "trick" to navigating this stretch of road. We sincerely wish there was more that we could do about the way the road is laid out here.
I am very glad though that you enjoyed the rest of your experience, though! We are very proud of our Signature Four Points Breakfast, which features a full American Breakfast buffet, cooked-to-order omelets, our Signature Items - Breakfast Pie, Potato Pancakes, and Muffin Tops -- all for $9.95 per person. We have also, in response to feedback like yours, started to offer a Continental breakfast option for $5 per person.
Thank you again and we hope to have you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Figure out the manuevers to entrance/exit and this hotel location is convenient enough. Staff were friendly and helpful, accommodating our extra needs quickly.

We've stayed here before comfortably and economically via Priceline. This time our room has a few pieces of stray trash, a broken bathroom door lock and a closet door off it's track. A little more attention to maintenance and this property will rate higher.

They get it right with free wireless, extra mirror, door hooks and mini-fridge.

• Stayed February 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This may be re-branded from "Park Place" to Four Points but the only thing that has really changed is the decor. Which is good, as aside from being dated this has always been a pretty good hotel with friendly staff.

The only really bad thing about this hotel is one of the elevators has been pretty much not working for over a year now. The bathrooms are a bit small, the carpets a bit stale. But it's a quiet and comfortable place to sleep with a fridge.

If you don't know the setup of East Memphis I could see getting in/out to be a bit of a pain as it dumps onto a highway traffic circle. Once you've done it 2 or 3 times, you get the hang of it. You can pull out and drive around the loop if you don't want to shoot across 3 lanes of traffic to get to the on ramp too.

Location other than that is great - there's tons of shopping and restaurants - but I wouldn't recommend walking to them.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Nice hotel property. Good breakfast. Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Difficult highway access.
Good location near many good restaurants.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mdculpepper
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We spent a very nice New Year's Weekend at this hotel in East Memphis. While its location seems questionable being located in between to busy highways, the hotel really doesn't experience the traffic noise you would expect. It was quiet, clean, and stylish. The staff were friendly and the beds were quite comfortable. If I were to list any negatives, they would be the too small bathrooms and the $10 breakfast.

Room Tip: Pick the top floor
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
VincentHanna, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Thanks, Three! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, even though Poplar Ave, which is one of the city's main arteries, passes both in front and behind the hotel, and I-240 is about a block down to our west, the guest rooms don't experience much noise at all. Our staff would love to welcome you back on your next visit to Memphis. And we hope you will be happy to hear that we are introducing a continental breakfast for $5 to complement our $10 Four Points Signature Breakfast Buffet in the coming months to give you and our other guests more choice when it comes to breakfast.

Thanks again, Three. We hope to see you back soon!
Missouri
Reviewed 19 December 2011

There are a few bad things about this hotel that standout. First, the bathrooms are ridiculously small. In the room we occupied, the bathroom door has divets and chunks missing from it due to the door frequently hitting the toilet whenever the door is opened.
The elevators are also ridiculous. They sounded like they were going to break at any moment. During breakfast, the staff was rather friendly, but the manager/owner of the hotel (I was told by a staff member he was the owner) was flat out rude. He spent considerable time standing behind the breakfast bar area cooking - which made it seem like there was an omlet and waffle station. Whenever anyone asked him was his station an omlet area, he would never make eye contact or look up. He rudely said "No" and didn't offer any explanation. But the way the breakfast area is set up, it is more than reasonable to presume he was cooking omlets and waffles per order. His nasty attitude is reason alone not to stay here. The hotel needs to put up a sign that informs guests that this area is not part of the breakfast - particularly after having had to pay for breakfast (there is no free breakfast). Lastly, the location of the hotel makes it a challenge to safely navigate entry. When you exit the highway, you have to cut across two lanes of oncoming traffic, then merge left all the while looking to your right to avoid more oncoming traffic and then less than 150 feet after merging, quickly cut into the hotel driveway else completely miss the entrance.

The positives are that there are quite a few retail establishments in the area and the hotel was clean and the rooms a nice size. The fitness area is by far the nicest fitness area I have ever seen in any hotel. I was amazed at how much equipment the fitness room has. The equipment was also modern. A major plus for this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank curacaovisitor
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here. I was able to get the room for a $65 bid on priceline which came out to about $83 a night after taxes and fees. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had a colleague unexpectedly travel with me after I had booked, and I spoke with the manager Linda and she was kind enough to give him a room for the same rate as me.

The location is good, nicer part of town(at least, for Memphis) but can be a bit difficult to get to coming off of the interstate. Be ready to turn left into the parking lot as soon as you exit. They also have free parking, which I appreciate.

The amenities were also good. The fitness center was fantastic. Full dumbbell rack, several cardio machines equipped with tvs, dual pulley towers for flys/pullups, etc. Lots of space as well. This was a big plus for me. Not sure if they have a pool...

Internet is fast and free, and the room was spacious and comfortable. Big bathroom as well. They have a fancy(ie: expensive) french wine bar/restaurant on site but I didn't eat there. They serve breakfast in a bar in the lobby and it's pretty darn good - but expensive(about $12) I was able to talk the girl up front into giving me a coupon for a free breakfast while I was there on day.

Business center worked well for me too. For the price, I couldn't really argue with anything here. I enjoyed the stay and plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: bid with priceline - memphis east $65
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank shaunbsc
VincentHanna, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, 8 December 2011
Thanks, Shaun, for your thorough review. We are all so glad you enjoyed your time with us! We are very proud of our fitness center and delighted that you appreciated it as well. As a Four Points we try to make your stay comfortable and uncomplicated, so, again, we are happy that you found the accommodations, the free internet, and the free business center to your liking, particularly since you were traveling for business. We're also delighted that our Four Points Signature Breakfast provided a great start for your day. We hope to see you again soon, Shaun. Thanks for staying with us!