All reviews parking lot busy road free internet the check in process comfortable stay breakfast buffet is front desk clerk good nights sleep the hotel is clean downtown memphis beale street lobby poplar fi shampoo properties target
Reviewed June 27, 2017

The hotel looks like it has not been updated in a long time. Both the lobby and the rooms need a major renovation.
It is also not maintained or cleaned well. My shoes were sticking to the floors in the hallways. Basic amenities are missing, like coffee during the day.
I will not return.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Robin J, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

Lucinda,

Thank you so much for your very valuable feedback about your experience with us. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. We are planned for a complete renovation, actually, but unfortunately it just takes time before we actually see any results. I will let our head of housekeeping know your comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel, so we can do what needs to be done and become a better hotel as a result. We do have coffee during the day, both in our lobby area and in the breakfast area. If the coffee was out, our front desk agents would have been more than happy to refill them for you. We always strive for every guest to have a wonderful experience, but if we don't know about them we cannot have the opportunity to make things right.

We hope that next time you're in Memphis you give us another chance. We may even be finished with our renovation! Again, thank you so much for your comments. We appreciate all your feedback.

Reviewed June 1, 2017

I had stayed at this facility several years ago when it was the Comfort Inn. It definitely needed a major face lift back then. Sheraton Four Points took it over and renovated it. But it has seen better days, and the wear and tear of daily use has caused it to look tired and old. Items such as peeling wallpaper, chipped paint, and dark-colored hallways and doors give it a dated appearance. The rooms are smaller than many of its competitors. In fact, the bathroom door has less than 2 inches of clearance with the toilet. The clerks aren't as well-trained as those at competing chains. The Internet was down for two days, forcing me to hang out in a nearby Starbucks to get work done. I asked the front desk person three times about the Internet, and she confirmed it was down. I should have known something was up at check-in when they had to manually fill out my registration. I even asked about getting some type of rate comp, since the hotel promoted free Internet and it wasn't working. I wasn't even offered points. Nothing. Even the hotel's "green" program is cumbersome. Other chains will offer points if you opt out of daily bedmaking and new towels. The Four Points slipped you a business card each day under your door giving you a $5 credit for food-beverage items or points. Two out of the three mornings I had to ask for a card--the cleaning staff forgot to leave it. You then had to turn the cards in at check-out to obtain your points. Yet other chains automatically add the points to your computer account without having to exchange cards. I'm hoping that with the recent merger with Marriott that Marriott will invest money in some of Sheraton's aging properties to bring them into the modern age.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator and ice machine to reduce noise
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Vic B
Robin J, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2017

Hello Vic!

Yes we were to have our hotel renovated at the beginning of 2017 and with us being bought by Marriott those plans have been on hold due to them trying to finalize all the details for the standards of Marriott/Starwood brand hotels. It is very frustrating and I know exactly how you feel.

It was a trying weekend with Comcast and the whole area being down without internet. This being the reason for the paper trail for your credit card to be filled out. Thankfully it came back up on Saturday and with the bad weather over the Memorial Day weekend we were thankful that our hotel didn't lose power because many people staying with us were without power at their homes across Memphis. Please let us know if you ever travel to our area I would love to have you for another stay. Hopefully we will be renovated!

Thanks again!

Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

Pulling up to this hotel is deceiving it actually looks okay -it was the only one available in Memphis for the Memorial Day Weekend. We will never return.
1- my room smelled of some horrible cleaning spray which isn't resolving the problems.
2- the bathroom is so small you have to shut the door to use the toilet.
3- the ancient shower knob is hard to read and use -I actually burnt myself and then had to wet my clean hair to turn it off- if I wasn't careful I could've jumped out into the toilet.
4- they have the audacity to charge 8$ a plate for breakfast when I paid an astronomical fee for this flea bag.
5 sorry had to add one - the wifi which is free has been out for over 24 hours.
This hotel has been here forever and they can redo it over and over but it's a glorified Holiday Inn from the 70's. Where the hell is the cockeyed camel?????

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Robin J, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2017

Hello Lory!

Thank you for your honest review of Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East. I have read your concerns and I am pleased to say that most of your concerns are being addressed. Since Marriott has purchased Starwood, we are going through a full renovation in the next few months. We have several rates that include breakfast in the rate. I apologize for the confusion you experienced because you did not include breakfast in the specific rate you booked. Our internet was down during your time at the hotel and I also sincerely apologize about that. We were on the phone with Comcast every hour, because there was an outage in the area, and together we were working hard to get the problem resolved. I hope you give our hotel another chance on your next trip to Memphis to enjoy all of our new renovations and updates.

Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

I was very pleased with this hotel. Everything was clean and modern. Definitely one of the better places I've stayed at in Memphis. Plus it was budget friendly. Only negative was that breakfast wasn't free. Having a noon checkout made up for that though. Will definitely be staying there again!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Robin J, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks so much for your positive feedback. It made our day! We appreciate your review and we hope when you visit Memphis again you will give us another go. As always we appreciate all your comments and thanks again for your business!

Reviewed April 30, 2017

Stayed here at both ends of an air trip out of MEM. Didn't have time the morning of departure to have breakfast outbound. The room itself was adequate, but nothing better. The greeting at the desk can be described as indifferent at best, frosty at worst. Desk agent never cracked a smile, didn't bother to thank me for being Platinum with Starwood, as most places do.
The reception on return was no better - indifferent, not at all welcoming. Was upgraded to a suite, but the sofa in the sitting area needed to have been replaced years ago.
Was able to take advantage of the free breakfast for Platinum members the following morning (I had a choice of breakfast or 500 Star points) - we were pointedly informed upon entering that we were only entitled to a continental breakfast, not the full breakfast. I have never been so insulted by a breakfast offering in my life! There were no pastries, no bagels, no muffins - four slices of standard commercial bakery bread in the case. There was orange juice, a bowl of fruit, some yogurt, and that was it! Had I known this, I would have definitely taken my 500 points. The manager of this hotel should be embarrassed to put this out to a Platinum member and call it breakfast. Never again!!!

Room Tip: Suggest you stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Robin J, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your feedback and I am truly sorry your stay did not meet or exceed your expectations. I will take all your comments back to our Front Desk Manager and GM to discuss the check in process as well as the breakfast issues. We had many groups in house and I am thinking that possibly we needed to replenish at the time of your arrival. Many of the breakfast breads you listed are definitely present on our breakfast menu daily. I want to personally thank you for being a Platinum SPG Member and I hope you will give us another go. Please feel free to reach out to any of us here at the Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East because that is not the way we want you to leave our hotel.

Again, thanks for all your comments and concerns and we appreciate your business.