“Lovely day of memories”

Graceland
Ranked #1 of 163 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee, is the home of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n' Roll. Elvis Presley's Graceland is open daily with tours of Graceland Mansion, Elvis’ custom jets and our new entertainment and exhibit complex, Elvis Presley’s Memphis. The new complex includes a new automobile museum, Presley Motors, and Elvis: The Entertainer Career Museum, the world’s largest and most comprehensive Elvis museum in the world, as well as many more exhibits, restaurants and shops. The tour of Graceland Mansion features an interactive, iPad tour with additional enhancements including photos, video and more.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We purchased a VIP, cars & planes ticket. I was surprises we did spend the whole day there at the mansion and the complex across the road containing his cars, the planes were in the side lot. They transport you by shuttle, the tour was very informative. As we had time and our ticket did allow us to return to his mansion in the day, late in the day we found it wonderful to be able to take photos as the crowd had thined out. We were lucky to be able to take photos without any tourists ( lol ) in the photos.
Well worth the visit.

ElvisPresleyEntp, Web Content Specialist at Graceland, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Thanks for being our guest! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the experience. Come back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (15,709)
All reviews
in 533 reviews
"own pace"
in 647 reviews

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I convinced my husband that we HAD to visit Graceland since we were going to be going through Memphis. I have always been a fan of Elvis’ music and watched his movies as a child. My husband was not so much a fan, but we BOTH ended up enjoying our visit to Graceland. Everything there is very well organized and runs like a well oiled machine. The house at Graceland is interesting to go through, but we spent the most time in the various exhibit buildings after the house tour. We were surprised at how much was documented and how much there was to see. It was a thrill to see the platinum and gold records, see the Vegas costumes, and the unbelievable cars that Elvis owned. We spent 4 hours overall at Graceland + exhibits and, had I been there w/o my husband, I could have probably wandered for another couple of hours. While the admission prices for the various packages do seem a bit steep, it is well worth it to pay for seeing the house AND the exhibits. Only negative comment I have is about the photo that is unexpectedly snapped of you before you get on bus. No explanation whatsoever by staff - just told to stand behind green line. What???? Later, after being shuttled off bus post-house-tour, a plastic envelope is thrust in front of you with your pictures inside and you are asked if you want to buy them for $40. We thought this was very lame and over the top commercialization. Overall, though, the Graceland experience was pleasant and educational.

Thank you for being our guest at Elvis Presley's Graceland, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're happy to hear you enjoyed touring the mansion and the new complex. We'll be sure to share your comments about the souvenir photo with our team so we can make adjustments as needed. We hope you'll make a return visit soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I only went to Graceland because, well I was in Memphis. I'm so glad I did! What an amazing site to behold. Graceland itself is much smaller than I expected and the swimming pool is really just an in-ground wading pool! My sister kept saying, "He should have hired a decorator!" Elvis had some interesting tastes for sure. Be sure to see as much of the interior as you want, because once you walk outside, it's the price of another ticket to go back inside.

But, my advice is to go and see all the little shops and mini-museums across the street first. The reason is that you will be tired after walking, slowly with the crowd, through Graceland and not able to enjoy the sites across the street as much as you should.

The on-site staff were gracious and helpful. There was a request that no flash be used with our cameras. I had no idea of how to turn the flash off. The young woman/security took my camera and had the flash turned off in a split second, and then showed me how to turn it back on for later use.

Really glad I took the Graceland tour. I recommend it to all going to Memphis.

We're happy to hear you enjoyed your Graceland tour! Thank you for visiting, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I was surprised that Graceland was rather small, but did contain a lot of memories. The only downfall was it was pretty pricey getting in for a couple of hours.

Thank you for visiting the king's castle. We hope you'll return for another visit soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The first downside was having to wait a while for the trolley to take us to the mansion after we got inside. Once there we were given iPads with controls to scroll through as you walked through the mansion, which did not work smoothly for a lot of people. But these are hardly good enough reasons to keep die hard fans away! Besides the mansion ( more modest than I expected) preserved as it was and stuffed with memorabilia and grounds with paddle board court, swimming pool and stables, there are other interesting displays including his car collection and stage costumes, and some great concert footage playing on various large screens with excellent sound.

Thank you for visiting Elvis Presley's Graceland! We appreciate your feedback, and we hope you'll come back soon.

Been to Graceland? Share your experiences!