“I'm Going Back!”

Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar - Memphis
Ranked #1 of 1,566 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Monroe
Transit: Flight is located on Main Street right along the trolley line.
Description: Flight a full service restaurant with multiple dining selections for a guest to enjoy in a single dining experience. The service style of the restaurant is the finest service featuring a knowledgeable wait staff from which the customer can gain valuable knowledge to enhance their dining experience. Flight offers several distinct dining options: On the main floor, there is the hustle and bustle of friends and businesspeople gathering together. The bar is a welcoming place for those dining alone to meet friends yet unmet, or for those who want a quick bite. On the balcony level, the booths and small tables, some overlooking Main Street, offer more privacy and an opportunity for romance.
Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

We have an annual conference in Memphis and someone had organized a dinner for a dozen at this restaurant. Before I go any further let me just say: yes. They did everything (and I mean everything) perfectly. Our table even had a particularly difficult diner and our server handled that in the most graceful way.

Food - amazing
Wine Selection - vast
Dessert - way over the top but worth ordering

I liked the flights of bourbon, scotch and tequila (I only ordered the bourbon). I was blown away with the presentation of these flights. I can see myself here with a friend and doing a bunch of these tastings while writing our tasting notes - as if we knew what we were discussing. BTW - the wait staff had every chance to be snooty with their vast knowledge but they weren't - they just shared their knowledge with us in a down home way that we could make some good decisions.

The dining area we were in was in the cellar so I can't comment about decor in the main restaurant. The cellar is very cool though- it has its own entrance and it's own "private dining room" feel. Lighting, temperature and acoustics were great.

Yeah I think you should go.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,145)

Reviewed January 17, 2018 via mobile

The menu looked great & the other reviews encouraging but I was nervous about the price. It isn’t cheap that’s for sure but the portions are larger than they lead you to believe (3 small plates equal more than 1 regular) and the taste is amazing. The lobster bisque was some of the best I’ve ever had. The seafood flight made me ooo & ah!

1  Thank Crystal C
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I tried this based on the reviews and 2 blocks from our hotel. Well it is my favorite way to eat, a little bit of different food with a lot of flavor. And don’t forget dessert. Amazing taste and they are not shy about loading up the plate. Very cool concept and we are glad we went.

1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed January 10, 2018

My friend and I went to Flight on a cold December night when we were in Memphis to attend the Liberty Bowl. We had made reservations prior to our arrival and we directed to a nice table in their atrium dining area.
We had a wonderful waiter who guided us through their very interesting menu. I started with a flight of soup that included Lobster Bisque, Gumbo and a Chicken Noodle soup--they were excellent
For dinner I had the Fish Flight that included Gulf Snapper, Black Grouper and a catch of the day that I can't remember. I found the food to be fantastic. My friend had the Seafood Flight, that was Sea Scallop, Shrimp and Grits and Lobster and Crab Benedict. She enjoyed he food as well . We finished with a flight of 3 Ports a\that capped a great night of dining.
It was a wonderful experience all around.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

We had a late reservation upon our arrival in Memphis, dining were two adults and two children. We arrived at our reservation early, but had to wait at the bar, despite seeing several tables open. However, our patience was rewarded, when we were seated at a booth in the back - happy to be there with the kids! A couple of drink orders were wrong, but they were promptly replaced, with a smile. They do not have children's menu, but when we were seated, we were told they will do children food. Since we were dining late, I quickly ordered chicken tenders and fries so the children could dine before us. We tried the soup special of the evening as an appetizer. I believe it was a corn chowder - it was fantastic, and in fact, my 7 year old took it over as her own! We had the steak and the seafood flight, all were very good, however, the scallops were maybe the best I have ever had - next time I would order just those, they were delectable! We ended dinner with the Lava Cake - it was wonderful. It was paired an interesting peppermint ice cream. Overall, I would dine there again.