“So Sad to See a Restaurant Going Downhill”

Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar - Memphis
Reserve with OpenTable
Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar - Memphis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,509 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Monroe
Transit: Flight is located on Main Street right along the trolley line.
Description: Flight a full service restaurant with multiple dining selections for a guest to enjoy in a single dining experience. The service style of the restaurant is the finest service featuring a knowledgeable wait staff from which the customer can gain valuable knowledge to enhance their dining experience. Flight offers several distinct dining options: On the main floor, there is the hustle and bustle of friends and businesspeople gathering together. The bar is a welcoming place for those dining alone to meet friends yet unmet, or for those who want a quick bite. On the balcony level, the booths and small tables, some overlooking Main Street, offer more privacy and an opportunity for romance.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have loved Flight Restaurant for years but it seems they have peaked and are on the way down.

It is difficult to stay on top Year after year of course and possibly it was just bad timing or a bad night but when service is terrible, food is brought out cold, drinks are poorly made, items are so salty they can’t be eaten and items from the menu are out (including at least half of the dessert menu alone) it would appear to be more than simply an off night.

We went to Flight to celebrate my wife’s birthday. It took over 10minutes to get water and our drink orders taken. Cocktails and wine flights took over 20 minutes to reach the table. The appetizers weren’t delivered at the same time. The main entrees took forever and we’re cold when they arrived. The dessert menu was out of every dish that had chocolate in it and even after taking out order on what remained wasn’t delivered as ordered. They simply brought out a different dessert as if I wouldn’t notice!

What should have been a wonderful evening turned into 3+ hours of poor service, drinks and food. Sad really because Flight used to be so great.

1  Thank Chip C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,945)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have an annual conference in Memphis and someone had organized a dinner for a dozen at this restaurant. Before I go any further let me just say: yes. They did everything (and I mean everything) perfectly. Our table even had a particularly difficult diner and our server handled that in the most graceful way.

Food - amazing
Wine Selection - vast
Dessert - way over the top but worth ordering

I liked the flights of bourbon, scotch and tequila (I only ordered the bourbon). I was blown away with the presentation of these flights. I can see myself here with a friend and doing a bunch of these tastings while writing our tasting notes - as if we knew what we were discussing. BTW - the wait staff had every chance to be snooty with their vast knowledge but they weren't - they just shared their knowledge with us in a down home way that we could make some good decisions.

The dining area we were in was in the cellar so I can't comment about decor in the main restaurant. The cellar is very cool though- it has its own entrance and it's own "private dining room" feel. Lighting, temperature and acoustics were great.

Yeah I think you should go.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The menu looked great & the other reviews encouraging but I was nervous about the price. It isn’t cheap that’s for sure but the portions are larger than they lead you to believe (3 small plates equal more than 1 regular) and the taste is amazing. The lobster bisque was some of the best I’ve ever had. The seafood flight made me ooo & ah!

1  Thank Crystal C
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I tried this based on the reviews and 2 blocks from our hotel. Well it is my favorite way to eat, a little bit of different food with a lot of flavor. And don’t forget dessert. Amazing taste and they are not shy about loading up the plate. Very cool concept and we are glad we went.

1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 10 January 2018

My friend and I went to Flight on a cold December night when we were in Memphis to attend the Liberty Bowl. We had made reservations prior to our arrival and we directed to a nice table in their atrium dining area.
We had a wonderful waiter who guided us through their very interesting menu. I started with a flight of soup that included Lobster Bisque, Gumbo and a Chicken Noodle soup--they were excellent
For dinner I had the Fish Flight that included Gulf Snapper, Black Grouper and a catch of the day that I can't remember. I found the food to be fantastic. My friend had the Seafood Flight, that was Sea Scallop, Shrimp and Grits and Lobster and Crab Benedict. She enjoyed he food as well . We finished with a flight of 3 Ports a\that capped a great night of dining.
It was a wonderful experience all around.