“Nice spot in downtown Memphis”
Review of Bangkok Alley - CLOSED

Bangkok Alley
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2018 via mobile

We had fast, friendly service. The three of us each ordered a specialty roll and enjoyed all of them. My son's Sea Dragon roll was tasty and refreshing. My Explosion roll was also good and had a little heat. Based on our experience with my roll, which didn't have a spicy rating, we thought the Jungle Curry with a spicy rating of 4 out of 10 would have a little heat. Sadly, none was detected. I ordered the Thai pork skewers with slaw and sticky rice. The pork was flavorful and tender and the slaw with mango bits was a nice side.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed November 6, 2017

Food and service was great. The server went out of her way to try and accommodate me as a vegetarian and the food was delicious. Nice selection of Saki, sushi and traditional noodle / rice dishes.

Ambiance was nice, happy to report not kid friendly, would definitely return.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank DeniseReaves
Reviewed November 4, 2017

Great weather so we ate out on the patio. Service was a little iffy, but overall was ok. Food was great, as always.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 13, 2017

Well, we were in Nashville across from the grand ol opry and had a hankerin' for some Thai food. So we went to this nearby place and IT WAS CLOSED. Well, we were disappointed, to say the least. But it was a bus tour, and we had to leave. We arrived in Memphis and went to view the duck walk in the Peabody [a must] and our tour guide had recommended a place so we started on our way. And what did we see? OK, you probably knew. So we instantly changed our plans and has some GREAT Thai food. Thanks Memphis.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed September 6, 2017

We are regulars at Bangkok Alley. Never had anything on the menu we didn't like. While many Thai dishes are traditionally spicy, the waitstaff will ask if you want hot on a scale of 1 to 5. I like hot stuff but 5 is too much for me. Food is always fresh, prepared to order. Their soups are to die for. YUM. They serve cocktails, imported and craft beers. You won't regret giving this place a try.

Date of visit: July 2017