“Best place to stay if going to Graceland” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Memphis at Graceland

Days Inn Memphis at Graceland
Ranked #36 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Illinois
“Best place to stay if going to Graceland”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

We wanted to stop overnight and visit Graceland enroute to New Orleans. I picked Days Inn Graceland based on tripadvisor reviews. If I was going to visit Graceland again, I would definitely pick this Days Inn.
Pros:
Location! Across the road from the Graceland complex which was much larger than I anticipated. While I wouldn't venture past the hotel after dark, I felt completely safe during the day due to the large amount of tourists/people in the area.

Decor and grounds. The lobby and grounds were perfect for putting one in the mood for Elvis. The hotel had a fence around it which made it feel safer after dark.

Staff. All the hotel staff was friendly and went out of their way to help. They even told us we could stay parked at the hotel while visiting Graceland "as long as you want".

Cons:
Bed: This was the hardest bed I have ever slept on and it was covered in plastic which was pretty noticeable. I understand that they are probably trying to promote longevity of the mattress but the plastic was too much. I probably would not stay more than one night simply because of the bed.

Breakfast: Selection consisted mainly of carbs. Pastries, bread products, etc. I think they had bananas but the selection was very, very limited.

Pool: Cold but it was April so I understand.

Overall, I would not hesitate to stay here again IF I just wanted one night stay to visit Graceland.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kellygal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

The room looked a bit dated and manky. There were two double beds, but one of them was so soft that you sank into it so only one of them was useable. The wifi didn't work on one of the three days we were there. To be fair they called us and tried to get it working, but on a Sunday the company could not fix it. The hotel worked hard to fill the reception area with tacky Elvis items and there were free Elvis films 24hrs a day on two channels (same film over and over again on the same channel - sad that I know this!).

The breakfast was bad. Very little choice and the seating area was too crowded. The location was great for Graceland (just over the road), but not great for downtown (tip: if you stay here use the free shuttle from Graceland to Sun Studios to get to downtown. In theory you're supposed to have a tour booked, but they don't check..).

The swimming pool was a plus (although we were unlucky with the weather and didn't use it).

In summary, I would only stay here until the hotel gets updated and if you can't find anywhere downtown. That said, it was reasonably priced so if you can't find anywhere in this price bracket then it's fine for a day or two.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

Excellent location for visiting Gracelands which was our main tour for the day. Staff were friendly and efficient and check in was smooth. Our room was no 111 which was a ground floor room next to the stairwell, there was a bit off noise with people coming and going but nothing to major.
The room itself was basic but comfortable, we found the bed comfortable and not to hard like some previous reviews stated, I think it comes down to preferance.
The bathroom towels were very thin and we had no toilet tissue, a quick visit to reception and it was sorted.
We went to breakfast at around 8.30am and a bit disappointed with the choice, there was bread, cereal, bananas and a waffle maker, there were no muffins etc left, the juice was very watered down though the coffee was fine, the lady on duty seemed very efficient.
We were able to leave our car in the carpark after we checked out whilst we visited Gracelands which was very kind and it saved us the 10 dollars car park fee, being Scottish that is always a bonus!
All said, this hotel is a must for Elvis fans and we would recommend it for this reason alone, the reason I have gave it an average rating is based on the other hotels we have stayed at whilst touring the deep south.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Tishomingo, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

They did not honor my reservation through Wyndham Rewards which was a non smoking handicapped room and put me on the 2nd floor in a smoking room with a take it or leave it attitude or would put me in another hotel down the road. Maybe they do that on purpose! So if you are planning your stay around Graceland you might get surprised as i did. Will not stay here again!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank James C

Travellers are raving about these Memphis hotels

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

We though this place was pretty cool - especially for a Days Inn. The room itself was just typical chain motel but it was clean, comfortable and quiet. The continental breakfast was good and met our needs.

This hotel is all about Elvis- with great murals, guitar-shaped pool, and memorabilia. Definitely made it a unique Days Inn. We flew in late to Memphis Airport and it is a short distance from there. More importantly, it was an easy walk to Graceland, which made it extremely convenient as that was our main destination for the day.

One thing that did happen( which was not a problem with this particular property) was that we had a problem with our online reservation. We arrived with paperwork in hand, but it was pointed out that I had not actually completed the reservation. Hadn't check the "I accept" button or something. I am pretty experienced at this so I have to think the system could be improved. We obviously weren't the first that this had happened to. Luckily, there was one room left even though it was a smoking room which turned out not to be a big problem. We were certainly grateful to have resolved the issue with a bed for the night!

Room Tip: Make sure you have a confirmation number at the end of the reservation process!
Appleton City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I booked this room online & I have to admit I was nervous. I'm not a big Days Inn fan, but this one turned out to be really nice. The room was clean, furnished nicely & decorated w/Elvis pictures. The hotel is right by Graceland which allowed us walk there & save the $10.00 parking fee. The breakfast was good & the staff was friendly. The only negative comment I have is that the bed was super hard. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if I was in the area.

1 Thank rannydef
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Cheap, basic, clean hotel which has everything you need if you are going to Gracelands, which is literally just up the road on the opposite side of the street. No need to take the car to the visitor centre, just a short stroll up the road. The rooms all have framed pictures of Elvis in them and the pool is shaped like a guitar. The reception plays Elvis songs on loop and two of the channels on the tv only plays Elvis movies - what more could you want?!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple