All reviews minor irritation pool and pool area breakfast attendant depending on traffic without shoes room was clean the breakfast area bad neighborhood wear and tear choice hotels would stay here again recommend this hotel to anyone business center one night stay staff was very friendly and helpful fitness center downtown memphis
Reviewed August 29, 2015

We stayed 4 nights booking 3 rooms!! Paying cash for all of them on check in..on my return back to England checking my bank statement I was charged for the rooms we've only two being credited back. I gave them a ring and was told we paid for 2 rooms and one on a card this was a lie!! But it's my own fault didn't keep the receipts? So beware make sure you get your receipts.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2015

There are lots of choices and competition for this type of hotel. The surface level look and feel is fine but I'm far more concerned to true cleanliness. I'd prefer a hotel BE clean versus have the perception of clean. After staying 2 nights I'm not so sure about truly clean... For example, the A/C either likely has a filter needing a cleaning. The air smells mold and of mildew. I thought it was just because I use little A/C but even after running it very cold, upon walking in the room it's like an old basement smell. That is a health hazard.

I'm surprised the housekeepers aren't concerned or handle this since they are in it all the time.

Speaking of housekeepers. Both mornings, I greeted them as I left and the only thing they would respond with was "Checking out?". For goodness sake, how about be far more concerned with being cordial to a guest than focusing on when you can get in the room. How about "Good morning. [pause] Would you like your room serviced?" or something more guest focused.

Both mornings they were quite loud too. It seems prudent for hotel staff not to have conversations down hallways prior to check out time.

On the upside, upon first walking into the hotel, the front desk staff were welcoming after a long day of travel and accommodating especially helping when the business center printer wasn't working.

The breakfast attendant was warm and friendly.

Overall, a very average budget hotel. It looks fine, staff mostly welcoming but from the imposing gate surrounding the property and musty, mildewy type smells, I'll pass and check out another hotel in the price range...which are many.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2015

Flight was cancelled due to weather in Chicago. Looked for deal on Priceline and then called to confirm room and shuttle. Short wait for van but was a nice perk. Friendly front desk attendant. Asked about phone charger since forgot mine but they did not have one (she checked). Large room and was clean. Didn't get breakfast since I left early morning on shuttle back to airport. Could tell it was a recent renovation. Clean and would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2015 via mobile

Tall fence around the place, that tells you something.
Checked in went to room ... Room looked ok went to put our stuff in fridge freezer compartment had two bags of ice from a earlier customer frozen in place. I thawed it with some hot water to get them out. The room was warm and musty. Turned it down and went out ..... Came back still warm I cleaned the filters that were totally clogged, it started cooling.
Just to list other issues;
Micro wave was dirty
Tub wouldn't drain (called and they promptly came and fixed that)
Drawer handle broken
Lamp bulb out
Clock cord wires exposed
Light in bath room (when turned off) flickered all night
These are things the cleaning staff should notice and alert maintenance

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Snuffy P
Reviewed August 17, 2015

Management very rude! Rooms full of mold!

Manager on duty Jazmon was very rude! My family had 3 rooms and we had to change each of them for a slightly better room. Not sure the management has ever been inside some of these rooms. Dusty/moldy/damp/loud HVAC unit. We were given one room that wasn't even a room, it was being used as a renovation closet! The Manager was the one who gave us the room...how she didn't know what rooms were out of order is besides me.

Room Tip: No good room! Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family