“Surprise of the Trip”
Review of Makeda's Cookies

Makeda's Cookies
Ranked #3 of 23 Bakeries in Memphis
Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

My grandmother’s butter cookies are bettered in Memphis by a country mile. A perfect recipe has been formulated and now produced for sale to the general public. These are the Best.

1  Thank rogersober

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were in a road trip and we were in Memphis for the day. After dinner, I had looked up dessert places to go in Memphis and from a couple of websites I saw read 'Makeda's Cookies'. A lot of people said they had the best banana pudding in town. My husband loves banana pudding. He grew up eating banana pudding and ever since his grandma passed, he hasn't been able to find a place that can replicate quite like hers... Until we came here.

I'm not a banana pudding fan or banana ice cream or anything banana because I never liked the taste of it. It's either too much banana taste that turns me off from wanting to eat it again. But Makeda's banana pudding. WOW! It's one of the best banana pudding's my husband and I ever had. The light, mousse, pudding taste is something that I have never tasted before. My husband loves it so much that he says it's as close to his grandma's banana pudding! And he even went back the next day to buy more to take back home!

No lie, the butter cookies that are in the banana pudding, makes the banana pudding much more tasty. They don't put vanilla wafers in it which is a brilliant idea! This is a hidden gem and hope they would franchise and come up north! Or maybe ship throughout U.S. so we can get some southern comfort once in awhile.

Thanks Makeda for making our stay in Memphis much more amazing.

1  Thank April I
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

My review is solely based on my experience as I frequently visited the downtown location it's located nearby central barbecue in the heart of downtown Memphis

Ever since I found this location it's been truly a blessing I have a strong love for cookies and not just any cookies it's those soft and buttery and salty tasting butter cookies oh they're so yummy!!

And my second favorite cookie is the oatmeal raisin cookie everything about it is flavor of southern homemade sweet mama's heaven

And my third favorite cookie is less but it's definitely not least is the chocolate and walnut cookie I really love walnuts and this cookie hits the mark 100% percent pure sweet happiness-

I definitely recommend you frequent the downtown location it's convenient it's not far from the civil rights museum and that you can walk Less than two minutes from the civil rights museum over to Makeedas cookies-

And make sure of the eating all those cookies they do have a refrigerator on site stocked with juices water milk's cokes whatever your beverage choice that way you won't be stuck with a dry mouth and nothing to drink-

Signed Cookie Monster

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Just a block from the National Civil Rights Museum is an African-American family owned bakery with wonderful staff and even better cookies! This place should be a must stop for a moment of rest and joy after your visit to the museum! Don't let the humble interior send you to a chain! Buy a sweet treat from these wonderful people! And support small businesses run by the people of Memphis!

Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

We ran up on it by accident . Goodness so tasty the lemon pie the pudding . I will be back again. This was fantastic