“Wow...so good!”

Central BBQ
Ranked #26 of 1,627 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stopped here while visiting the Civil Rights Museum (which is practically next door). A good itinerary is to see the Lorraine Motel side of the museum, eat lunch here, and then see the rest of the museum that is across the street. I had the beef brisket, but I have a feeling that anything at this place is going to be top-notch. Some of the best BBQ I've ever had. I would love to return to Memphis some day, and I will definitely be stopping here again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,258)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was a private event, place is right opposite the Civil Rights Museum and customers are queuing from midday.

Food was outstanding, we had a tray with a bit of everything on. Smoked to perfection, ribs, sausage, shredded chicken, shredded pork and the beans were out of this world.

Best was yet to come, the banana pudding, make sure you don’t forget to order it. One for the bucket list when you visit Memphis.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lots of yummy choices. Had pulled pork and brisket sandwiches with slaw, on our first visit. Next day, back for a slab of ribs for two. Loved all of our choices, literally finger licking delicious. The sides were also great, particularly the potato salad and barbecue beans. A fabulous location for lunch or dinner after visiting the Civil Rights Museum.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place was recommended to us by a friend and our hotel, The Windham. Had the full rack of ribs with fries and slaw. The ribs were perfect, and meaty!! The fries were good, and the slaw was average, I did not think the slaw had a lot of flavor. Overall...I would certainly return. In a great location too, right across the street from the Civil Rights museum, which we visited. If you want good BBQ...this is the joint!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing BBQ! Had the half slab plate with green beans and potato salad. Laid back homey atmosphere with patio and inside seating. Too full to try a dessert!