“The best in memphis”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I did a bbq tour and sampled over 6 bbq joints, I also ate at 2 more in Memphis. Cozy had the best ribs smoked in a chicago aquarium style smoker. This place taught me ribs do not have to "fall off the bone" to be delicious. They are a firmer rib to eat but still amazing in taste and tender. I did not have to add any sauce. I did not sample other food here as I was pigging out on the ribs. The outside appears run down and simple but the flavour bomb in the ribs take you to another world. When I see other photos of ribs on this site, they look doused in sauce and different to the dry ribs I had, so just take that into account when ordering.

1  Thank Aussnowboarder

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The food was absolutely amazing. Even the kids at multiple times and that never happens. I will definitely be back. This place gets two thumbs up from me!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Asked our Lyft driver about the best BBQ joint in Memphis.... he recommended Cozy Corner. He also said they had the BEST Banana Pudding. Mannnn was he ever right.... Ribs.....Cornish Hens... BBQ Beans... Cole Slaw Mmmmmmm Mmmmmmm... Make you jump up and slap your Mama sooo good!!! Plus good prices!!!! Friendly home cooked food!!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I too, was lured here by the rave reviews. People were saying this was one of the best barbecue places in Memphis! I regretfully disagree. The appearance didn't bother me. Some of the shabbiest looking places have the best food.

My family ordered a variety, because we wanted to taste it all. We ordered ribs, wings, sausage, sliced pork, coleslaw, baked beans, and potato salad. The ribs were boiled! And drowned in a vinegar based WATERY sauce! It had some char on them, but any barbecue enthusiast will tell you that those ribs were NOT SMOKED and probably were transferred to a grill simply to sear!

The sliced pork tastes weird. We couldn't place what cut of pork it was, but it didn't taste good. Again, drowned in watery sauce.

The sausage and the wings were just ok. With, again, sauce drowning out the meat for the sausage sandwich.

The sides were sides. Can probably find the same ones in the deli aisles at your local grocery store.

So very disappointed! We were excited because of the reviews, but we were fooled.

Positives: the dining area was clean, and the tea was good.

Try it if you want, but I wouldn't waste my money here again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place would be hard to find without GPS, but it is worth the trip! It doesn't look like a restaurant from the outside. Their specialty they say are the ribs and chicken. We had the pork sandwich with sides. It was all really good and a very reasonable price. I actually found the place by looking on Trip Advisor for a good barbecue joint in Memphis, and this one didn't disappoint.....