“Bar b Que Pork Shoulder”

Tops Bar-B-Q - Macon Rd
Ranked #237 of 1,550 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighbourhood: Walnut Grove - Shelby Farms PD
Neighbourhood: Walnut Grove - Shelby Farms PD
Reviewed January 18, 2018

A quick stop stand the Bar b q pork shoulder really good the atmosphere was fast food. So what you saw was wat you get nothing fancy but we liked it.

Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

Stopped here about 12:45pm trying to get a quick lunch. Drive thru line was about 10 cars deep so I went inside. Order line moved quickly and the lady at the register was really nice but then it took 15 minutes to get the food. It’s just a bbq sandwich . Once I got my food, I enjoyed it. Don’t know if I would wait that long for fast food take out again. They def need some logistics management help.

Reviewed December 26, 2017

We had a nice meal at Tops BBQ. We both chose the pork shoulder sandwich and picked 2 sides-not the combo meal. When ordering, we were asked if we'd like coleslaw on our sandwiches. Never having had that before, we gave it a try. Couldn't really taste the coleslaw. The bbq beans were tasty though they were pretty soupy. I had sweet potato fries while MDH had regular fries. We had plenty to eat and were glad we got to try Memphis BBQ.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

I hope this is not the Bar B Que Memphis is famous for....because their bar b que was terrible. We went because the hotel front clerk recommended Tops. It was probably the closest place to eat from our hotel. The parking lot was a bit scary with lots of video cameras and a warning not to talk to pan handlers. I would definitely not recommend a lady going out by herself here especially at night. When you walk through the front door you place your order at the desk. The lady taking our order was not very friendly. We served ourselves our drinks and found a table. There are plenty of tables to choose from. The inside of the building is bigger than it appears from the outside. It did not take long to get our food. The ribs were dry, the sweet potato fries were cold. The best part of the whole meal was the apple turnover. The bar B Que sauce all tasted the same...very strong vinegar taste. Maybe we just hit them on a bad night- not sure I would be willing to give them a second chance.

Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

Hit the drive thru for a double cheeseburger combo lunch. Chose the fries and beans as sides, fully dressed burger hold the mayo. Couldn't wait to get back to the office to dig in! Double cheeseburger was a real old school treat ! Juicy beef served up just as ordered with hot crispy fries and beans. If your looking for a real old school, homestyle burger give Top's a try. You won't be disappointed! !