“Steak that melts in your mouth!!”

Folk's Folly Prime Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Folk's Folly Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,629 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Until recently.....I'd never turned down a Ruths Chris steak... but when I recently had a chance to make a choice betwee Ruths Chris and Folks Folly for a nice dinner... I chose Folks Folly.

Folks Folly is local Memphis food and WOW is it awesome! I actually had a filet with Lobster tail... and it was simply incredible. Steak that basically melts in your mouth. The aging process they hold true certainly makes a big difference in taste as well as the tenderness.

If you're in Memphis and you want an incredible steak..... Go to Folks Folly. You will NOT second guess yourself from the first bite forward. Incredible food! Incredible service... Simply an incredible experience.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Everything on the menu is great. Nice bar with piano and aquarium. Prices are very high but you normally get what you pay for. My dinner for 2 was almost $300 with a nice bottle of wine. Service is normally very good. I'm a regular. Biggest problem is getting a well done steak. It is frequently underdone (I think they expect it to keep cooking after it is served) and I have sent it back several times which means my wife's meal has to be reheated as we like to eat together. This restaurant is a peaceful alternative to the noisy cheap chains which predominate. I would definitely recommend it if you can afford it.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

Our party of three adults decided to try Folk's Folly in part because someone gave us a gift certificate. We'd never been, but don't dine out at too many high end places during the year; maybe a once year treat.

We made reservations and were seated immediately. Every staff person we encountered from the hostess to servers to management to the valet were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was surprisingly busy for a Tuesday evening.

The food was all delicious as is to be expected for their reputation and prices. The only small let down were the two side dishes we ordered to be shared as they were quite plain and unimpressive.

We had one shared appetizer, two salads, three steaks, two shared side items and three desserts and the bill was $271. So, not somewhere most folks would be able to frequent, but definitely a nice special treat.

ShannaR106, Admin. at Folk's Folly Prime Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Dear Deb,

Happy you treated yourself to a night out and for choosing to dine with us!

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Large group of us in town for Tennis this past weekend. The food is excellent, good wine but the staff makes it a great place to go. They managed our large party very efficiently. Great recommendations and the service was perfect. We had 27 in our party - no complaints from anyone. My filet was excellent!I tried the mushrooms, potatoes (several ways), and soup. All of it was excellent. I will be back!

Dear Barb,

Thank you for your review! Happy to hear your large group had at an excellent experience with us.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Landed in Memphis Sunday evening and checked TA for family operated local restaurants. Folk's Folly stood out to me and certainly lives up to my expectations. The shrimp cocktail appetizer was delicious as was the Cesar salad. I had the salmon fillet with spinach casserole. The salmon was cooked perfectly! The sides are sized for sharing. I ended my meal with the house made bread pudding which is big enough for four to split, especially after a big meal. It was divine. I would have given Folk's Folly a 5 anyway but the service really made the visit 10 worthy. My waitress was attentive and Carlos, the manager, checked on me at the start of my meal and at the end. Unheard of!!! It is definitely pricey but worth it, great date night/ special occasion destination.

Dear Cindy,

Thank you for the 10 star review! We hope to see you again on your next visit to Memphis!

Shanna Rasoul

Been to Folk's Folly Prime Steakhouse? Share your experiences!