“Great Experience”

River Inn of Harbor Town
Ranked #1 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My wife and I did a Staycation at this hotel for our anniversary. We live in the Memphis suburbs. We had a outstanding experience. The service at the hotel and the restaurant, Paulette's, was excellent. We had a Deluxe Room. It was spacious and elegant. The hotel is located on Mudd Island. Mudd Island has a suburban feel but is located in the heart of Downtown Memphis. It is only minutes from restaurants, shops and Beale St. My family and I have stayed at most of the popular hotels in Memphis including the Peabody, the Madison and the Westin. This is by far the best upscale hotel in Memphis, with the Madison being second. I highly recommend this hotel.

The only small negatives were the parking and the Hotel Service Fee that was added to the bill. The parking is on the street but unless there is an event going on, it should not be a problem. The area is relativelly safe. Unfortunately there was a small festival going on at the time we checked-in so we had to drive around for about 10 minutes to find a spot. The Hotel Service Fee was $9/nite (I believe). I hate it when hotels don't include all the costs in the published rate, then you see fees tacked on your bill when you check out. I'm sure the fee is explained somewhere in the fine print....which I likely did not read. With that said, the hotel is a very good value for the price.

Great hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cbc110

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Spacious room with view of the Mississippi River. Nice breakfast was included. The one negative is that we arrived late and there was no bellman to help with the excessive amount of luggage we had. We were told bellman goes off duty at 7 pm. Would probably stay at the Peabody next time.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank lbrown2304
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My husband and I live in Memphis, but we wanted a romantic getaway for our 7th anniversary. We spent one night at the River Inn and it was fabulous. The rooms are spacious, elegant, clean, and quiet. The service was excellent. We ate at Paulette's for dinner and enjoyed the gourmet breakfast at Paulette's the following morning which is complimentary. I have stayed at most of the nicer hotels in Memphis, and this, by far, was the best experience I have had. I would highly recommend this beautiful boutique hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank imanigermantown
Reviewed 22 March 2012

It's hard to say what is the best thing about this lovely hotel because the rooms are wonderful, the location is gorgeous and the included breakfast is hot and delicious. It's so nice to have a breakfast included that is actually in a restaurant where you order from a menu instead of an unappealing buffet. You can read a complete review of this hotel on my travel blog here: http://www.wanderlustwonder.com/2012/02/10/river-inn-at-harbor-town-in-memphis-tennessee/

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kentuckygal53
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The River Inn is in a superb location right besides the mighty Mississippi. The rooms are spacious and the breakfast terrific. While I had some booking issues, the staff went out of their way to try and rectify the problem. Highly recommended, particularly as you are only 10 minutes by cab from Beale Street

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nigel L
Reviewed 13 March 2012

It's really the staff that makes this boutique hotel shine. For years, the Peabody has held a lock on the THE hotel in Memphis but the River Inn has it's own vibe of luxury. The lobby is great, the rooms are great, the restaurants are great, the views of the Misssissippi are great, the neighborhood is fantastic ( great little grocery store down the block), but it's really the staff and management's attitude that really did it for me.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank dannymangold
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here in March 2012. The staff was great. Easy check in. The room was great. Had corner room with nice view of the River. Had 1 of 3 windows that opened. The people above us had children that were rather loud and one conversation with the front desk and they were able to keep them under control. The front desk was helpful with reservations and obtaining cabs. The breakfast each morning was wonderful (included in room rate). Free parking and wireless internet. Able to walk to downtown trolly (have to walk over bridge).

Room Tip: High corner room