My wife and I did a Staycation at this hotel for our anniversary. We live in the Memphis suburbs. We had a outstanding experience. The service at the hotel and the restaurant, Paulette's, was excellent. We had a Deluxe Room. It was spacious and elegant. The hotel is located on Mudd Island. Mudd Island has a suburban feel but is located in the heart of Downtown Memphis. It is only minutes from restaurants, shops and Beale St. My family and I have stayed at most of the popular hotels in Memphis including the Peabody, the Madison and the Westin. This is by far the best upscale hotel in Memphis, with the Madison being second. I highly recommend this hotel.
The only small negatives were the parking and the Hotel Service Fee that was added to the bill. The parking is on the street but unless there is an event going on, it should not be a problem. The area is relativelly safe. Unfortunately there was a small festival going on at the time we checked-in so we had to drive around for about 10 minutes to find a spot. The Hotel Service Fee was $9/nite (I believe). I hate it when hotels don't include all the costs in the published rate, then you see fees tacked on your bill when you check out. I'm sure the fee is explained somewhere in the fine print....which I likely did not read. With that said, the hotel is a very good value for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Boutique Hotel with European ambiance and Southern hospitality located I Harbor Town on a peninsula on the Mississippi River in downtown Memphis. 2 miles from Beal Street, FedEx Forum and Orpheum Theater, half mile from St. Jude Children Hospital. most room/suites are overlooking the Mississippi River, the hotel is offering 3 restaurants/bars, Paulette's (fine dining), Tug's Casual Grill and the Terrace offering small plates and hand crafted cocktails with having the best view in town of the Mississippi River, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your River Inn of Harbor Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Inn Of Harbor Town Hotel Memphis
- River Hotel Memphis
- River Hotel Of Harbor Town