“My husband's new favorite rib recipe”
Review of Central BBQ

Central BBQ
Ranked #17 of 1,528 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Cooper Young Community Association
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great smokey flavor, multiple types of sauces or a dry rub. Mac and cheese, onion rings, slaw, and peanut butter pie are the stuff dreams are made of. Seating and parking is tight and scarce, though.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,262)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have to say first that the bbq at Central is really good. We ate the ribs and they are some of the best I've had. They are really fast when it comes to getting your food to you also. They do however have some of the rudest staff ever. They look as if they hate their jobs and they will speak to you as if you are trash. I had family from England with me who didn't understand what some of the items on the menu were and the cashier raised her voice and spoke to them like they were children. I have heard about the attitude that people in Memphis have, but when you go to a restaurant that is supposed to be famous and well known, you expect more.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped for dinner on spring break. Walked away from Beale street to get more authentic local food. Ribs and brisket was off the charts. The whole meal was phenomenal. Must stop.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went to Central BBQ the night before we left Memphis, had to have one last run a southern BBQ.
We ordered the mixed platter with ribs ( 1/2 dry and other wet ),
pulled pork, brisket, beans and slaw.
Great meal, we liked the wet ribs better that the dry, the brisket was delicious and moist, the pulled pork was a touch dry.
They have a fantastic ordering and delivering system, we placed and paid for our order, were given a number to display at our table and told to sit wherever we wanted.
I think it was 10 min. at the outside and our order was at the table.
Staff were great and the restaurant neat and clean.
Give it a try

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

These are some of the finest lean, tender and nicely seasoned ribs. You can get them dry, wet or half and half. If you want Texas toast, you have to ask for it otherwise you get a bun. I don't know where we were exactly in Memphis, but one of the workers was wearing a sidearm. I don't know if that made me feel safe or unsafe.

Been to Central BBQ? Share your experiences!