All reviews the bass pro shop observation deck uncle bucks balcony overlooking rocking chairs fish bowl lookout restaurant welcome basket electric fireplace screened in porch mississippi mud interior room complimentary snacks jetted tub elevator ride sales floor johnny morris
Reviewed September 9, 2016

The draw of this hotel is the fact that it is in a pyramid, ( a retrofitted basketball stadium). The majority of the pyramid is the Bass Pro shop and admittedly it is extravagant with it's live fish ponds, bowling ally ($25 /hour to bowl). You can go there and do all this without being a guest.

The rooms are around the outside of the pyramid and a long walk from the elevator. the halls and rooms are very dark. The walls are covered with taxidermy. A deer head looked down on us while lying in bed. Even if you have a window, you only see the girders holding up the structure. The rooms were nice and quiet. As stated by Marge P. the stay ended up costing over $300., with mandatory valet charge and resort fee of $20 EACH, occupancy tax an additional $11 and sundry other fees. The only nice restaurant was at the top of the glass elevator and that cost $10 p/p to ride. Is it a restaurant or a carnival ride?.. really! It was too pricey anyway!
The hotel staff would drive you anywhere in a five mile radius, which was nice, but they would not take you to the airport, eight miles away.
The staff were very accommodating. It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't ever stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hcron
Lana M, General Manager at Big Cypress Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2016

Hello hcron,
Thank you for your nice comments regarding our staff and for stating Big Cypress Lodge is a nice place to visit. From your review, we see you were not aware of our wilderness adventure hunter/fisherman theme prior to arrival. We do appreciate you selecting Big Cypress Lodge and do wish you would come back to visit us.

Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

We had a wonderful time. Our room was marvelous and the view from the balcony was very great. Everyone that we encountered was so very friendly and made us feel comfortable
Even the people that worked at the bass pro was also very friendly
We had an overall wonderful time

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Lana M, General Manager at Big Cypress Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2016

Hello iamnoreenc,
Thank you for the nice review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Come back to visit us soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

Our stay here was fantastic, you need to walk around the lodge when you first get here so you know where the outside seating and restaurant access is. Staff here are the greatest they even have a shuttle to take you to local attractions. No expense was spared in decorating this place. The down side no complimentary coffee anywhere and restaurant doesn't open until 7am. They say you can make coffee in your room but that stuff is nasty most better hotels I have stayed assure good coffee at all times even having Seattle's Best or Starbucks brought in. Complimentary snacks are available in your room but they didn't replenish them for second nights stay.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Glenn M
Lana M, General Manager at Big Cypress Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2016

Hello Glenn M,
Thank you for taking time out of your day to complete the review. We appreciate your wonderful feedback and nice comments. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Come back to visit us soon!

Reviewed August 31, 2016

I was forced to stay here as the choice hotel by the wedding party. Walked up to registration desk and was not greeted or even smiled at. Female clerk(no name tag) asked my name and when I tried to hand her my confirmed printed registration paper she ignored me. I was handed a piece of paper to sign that had the price of the room at $50.00 a night more than the quoted rate for the wedding party. I tried to explain that I had already talked to Kaely, Reservations Manager because I was previously sent a confirmed reservation with the wrong pricing. Kaely was nice enough to explain the break down and email me a hard copy. This clerk became argumentative which also cause me to become upset after a 12 hour drive since 0300AM. Clerk stated I would only be charged $311.65 a night as written. When I asked for a copy of the form she stated I couldn't get it until check out. I was then handed a packet and 4 elevator passes. I purposely booked 2 queen beds/room due to getting 4 passes per day as stated in every pamphlet I read. I was denied 4 more passes and was told they were $10.00 each more. I tried to explain that I planned on eating up there and also going up with my sons later that day. At this point I was very upset and asked for a manager's card and all of a sudden I was given 4 more passes. I was never explained how the elevators worked or any kind of info regarding the resort. There was no one else waiting to be registered. I also got the same girl on the way out. She was on the computer, again no greeting or asking me how my stay was. She told me to wait a minute. Meanwhile a male clerk came out and took the person behind me who had just arrived. I was handed a copy of the receipt asked to sign it with the nasty comment of "see I told you that is all that would be charged" BE AWARE THAT $229.00/night room ended costing $311.69/night !!!

Room Tip: Be aware of extra charges/taxes that add almost $100.00 per night to room
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Marge P
Lana M, General Manager at Big Cypress Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2016

Hello Margie P,

I am extremely disappointed about your experience, just as I know you were. Please know there will be coaching and counseling for this associate. The team here has been trained to go above and beyond to make our guests happy. Being helpful and showing appreciation to all guest is a must! This is unacceptable.

When you have a moment, I would love to speak with you. I would like more information. I do apologize for your negative experience. Please call (901) 620-4600.

Reviewed August 30, 2016

Easy to find, good location, free shuttle service to downtown. Decor in rooms was fantastic - tile work in shower was beautiful, very unexpected. Very spacious, clean, beautiful. We felt very pampered.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello lindadF4555PB,
Thank you for your nice comments. We do look forward to seeing you again soon. We appreciate you selecting Big Cypress Lodge.

Have a great day!