“Good Sushi, Average Atmosphere”
Review of Ryu Sushi Bar

Ryu Sushi Bar
Ranked #542 of 1,632 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed March 15, 2011

Went to Ryu because of the excellent reviews on here, and I only ordered sushi so I cant comment on the Hibachi. Overall I thought it was average, although I did enjoy my rolls. I would give it a 3.5/5. I have eaten at all the other sushi joints in town as well, and I wouldnt put this on the top of my list. Great sushi is hard to find here, so I wont beat this place down too bad. It is a fairly large place, with in my opinion not much of an atmosphere, and was completely empty on the tuesday evening I went.....so my service was really good. I thought it was a little dirty, and wasnt too happy to see a couple little gnats flying around my food. I will say they do have some creative rolls, not as extensive list as say seikisui in town here, but some good ones. It looks like their prices may have gone up a little, but comparatively it is still cheaper than most. The sushi was good quality, but nothing fantastic. Overall I dont give it my highest recommendation, although it was good quality fish, well prepared, and affordable. But If your an avid sushi eater, I doubt you would be overly impressed.

Date of visit: March 2011
1  Thank LH130

Reviewed August 15, 2010

Ryu was recommended by friends, and my wife and I love this place. Great sushi and hibachi. Cool atmosphere, very good prices, and friendly service.

1  Thank drs4242
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Found this place after reading a review in the paper. It's not in the most desirable part of town and not close to our house, but we only go there for sushi now. We've been to Osaka, Rain, Wasabi, Sekesui, Do, Red Fish, etc.. and Ryu is hands down our favorite. Everyone we've taken there agrees. We like the Spicy Cilantro and Kalisu rolls. My son loves the fried rice and he is very picky. Brought a friend that had the hibachi and she said it was the best she has ever had.

1  Thank TXNativeinTN
Reviewed January 15, 2010

We go there quite often and it is good Sushi for a decent price. It is similar to Sekisui sushi but a lower price.The owners and waiters are decently friendly and the atmosphere is clean and welcoming. The restrooms need some work and they are not too clean. If you go in the late evening, then there is ample parking.

Overall good value for money and decent food.

1  Thank HuziMitthu

Been to Ryu Sushi Bar? Share your experiences!