“Nom Nom Nom”

Ryu Sushi Bar
Ranked #416 of 1,550 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

This place is a win. The interior looked new as well as the granite tables were new. On to the food....I had the hibachi steak and the veggies were perfectly cooked and my medium rare steak was cooked perfectly. My husband who loves sushi had the David roll, delicious! We will be regulars soon. Check the place out!

1  Thank SEN2010

Reviewed December 15, 2015

I live in the country, so I am not used to the traffic getting into this restaurant. The place is very nice, the chef paints and decorates the place and you can tell that he takes pride in his business. Very friendly and the sushi/sashimi is some of the best that I have ever had. Actually came back two nights in a row, because I was in the area and was so impressed with the first visit. If anything, the second was better!

1  Thank Terry428
Reviewed October 9, 2013

good food and service, not cheap, good for family and friends, the witress's very nice there, recommend to go there

1  Thank Macdik P
Reviewed July 21, 2013

A friend who loves sushi as much as I do recommended this place. It is not in the very best part of town nor is it a fancy place; however what it lacks in decor it more than makes up for in food & service. Hubby and I went and had dinner tonight and man were we pleasantly surprised.

I ordered two different types of sushi and my husband ordered steak & chicken off of the hibachi menu. We arrived at 6pm and so my husband was able to order off the early bird menu. Our server was very friendly & our food arrived quickly. The sushi was amazing and seemed very fresh. My husband just stopped talking and ate because he said it was the best hibachi dinner he had eaten in quite some time. The favors were wonderful!

We will definitely be returning soon & we highly recommend it.

2  Thank TMack0592
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This place is excellent! No wait, no attitude, just good eating. Everything is fresh and served at expected temp. Simple on the outside, pleasant on the inside. The servers(two young ladies) are so pleasant and have a "willing to serve" mood about them. I found the restaurant from reading a previous review and since then has eaten there twice in the last four days (5-24/ & 5/26/12). My recommedation is the Sunny Roll and Fire Roll-excellent suggestions made by server. And the calamari is my all time favorite

1  Thank sassytrene

Been to Ryu Sushi Bar? Share your experiences!