All reviews the concierge lounge business hotel pool area is business trip front desk staff room service common areas rooms were very clean a great stay very nice hotel bed was very comfortable late at night tiffany lobby expressway downtown germantown
Reviewed June 4, 2017

We stayed here for a few nights. Location was good; easy access to highway, but also to local streets. Hotel was busy so no senior discounts were available. Had 2 issues with housekeeping. Left note to change sheets. When we got back at night, I noticed they were not changed. Called front desk and someone was sent up to our room right away to change sheets. Also my husband left 2 shirts at hotel and it took 3 calls and 2 days for housekeeping to get back to me. Other than that, hotel staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
MGoBlue21, Manager at Marriott Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2017

Hi Donna M,

Thank you for sharing a review of the Marriott Memphis East! I'm glad the location worked out well for you. Please also know that we will share the issues you had with our housekeeping team, so they can learn and have an opportunity to improve. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

The hotel was beautiful. Lobby was stunning and had onsite bar and restaurant. The room was very clean, as was the bathroom. The bathroom had a fogged glass sliding door instead of regular wooden door. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Kids love having indoor pool and hot tub.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Hi wendymacal, thank you for sharing a review of the Marriott Memphis East. We're so pleased you had such a great experience, and we hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed May 31, 2017

The rooms are very clean and nice. Bed comfortable. Very nice fitness center. Service in dining area a little slow but food very good. Location is fairly easy - getting in and out a little confusing but doable.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
MGoBlue21, Manager at Marriott Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2017

Thank you jcarolgentry! We're so happy with your review, and pleased that you enjoyed our rooms and fitness center. We're also very happy you enjoyed the food, and we appreciate the feedback on the timeliness of service. Please know that this will all be shared with our team for applause, as well as to learn. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

The room had an old, mildew smell to it. The comforters on the bed were dirty with brown/reddish stains and ink stains. We didn't notice until late at night, so we rolled them towards the end on the beds and didn't use them. The next morning, I found a long, grey hair in the sheets. I'm not convinced that the bedding was changed after the previous guests. Also, we had breakfast included in our package. Upon check-in, I was given a coupon for 2 breakfasts. I explained that the package also included 2 kids under 12 and was told it would be fine. The next morning, it wasn't fine. The dining room staff had to go resolve the issue with the front desk. We tried to order omelets and was told it was an extra $12 per person. This was not clear on the hotel website, nor was it clear on the sign in front of the restaurant. I feel the breakfast packaged was misrepresented and I could have done better elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
MGoBlue21, Manager at Marriott Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2017

Hello amars662,

Thank you for sharing a review of the Marriott Memphis East. I do hope the breakfast and front office staff were able to resolve the challenge with the breakfast coupons. I also want to apologize for the cleanliness experience you had, and please know that this will be shared with the housekeeping team. If you'd be so kind, our housekeeping leaders would love an opportunity to learn more details about when you stayed, and which room you were in, so they can provide more coaching and/or provide counseling. If travels bring you back to Memphis, we hope we'll have an opportunity to host you again to provide you with a better than expected experience!

Barry K.

Reviewed May 30, 2017

The hotel itself is decent but the walls are paper thin. I actually live in the city and got a room due to a power outage from a storm. I only wanted the room to sleep which I struggled to do. The walls are paper thin. I could hear everything. I constantly jumped because whenever someone next to me opened their doors it literally sounded like they were coming into my room. Also the bathroom tub is extremely low so anyone with mobility or knee issues will not be able to sit down in the tub and my shower made a lot of noise as well. When I mentioned it to the front desk person she just nodded and said "yeah, our walls are really thin, you can hear everything." she didn't offer anything outside of that, not even free breakfast. Overall it was ok for my escape from a hot house but I would not chose to stay here ever again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Author S

Hi Autor S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We do hope that everything with your home is OK after the major storms that came through our area, and it has cooled down! Please also accept our sincere apologies for the challenges with the noise coming from next door, while you were trying to get a good nights sleep. We can very much understand how this could be frustrating, and we're sorry that we were not able to resolve this for you upon check-out. This is something that we will be visiting about as a team right away. Thank you so much for your feedback, and if you are ever in need of a stay-cation, we hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you a better than expected experience!

Barry K.