“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Aalborg, Denmark
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Great location, great service, spectacular foyer, happy hour (free drinks), very close to Beale Street (Go there if your are into blues!), very nice staff. Booked it through sweetmagnoliatours.com as we were going to see Graceland and Sun Studios, and got a great deal - better than booking the hotel directly on hilton.com

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ghee A, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you so much for your recent post regarding your stay with us. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Memphis.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Korean first
Bostonn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I recently stayed here, and i absolutely loved it. The location is great, its right across Autozone stadium or something like that , and walking distance to several restaurants .

Rooms: The room was good, it was the normal king size bed room, it was very clean and all

Staff: The staff was great, and very helpful

Parking: this hotel has parking or valet , i did the valet , and it was pretty good and fast service

Design: the interior of the hotel was fancy, the pictures on the website didnt do it justice

This hotel has a TGI Fridays in the lobby, the food is great there. Breakfast is also served there in the morning

This was a great stay at a great hotel!

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your recent comments regarding your stay with us. I am glad that you were able to experience the different services we offer and that you loved your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Memphis.
Cary, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

The hotel is not totally unpleasant. The room was clean but smelled like stale cigarette smoke (room 721). I typically don't care about continental breakfast, but coffee wasn't even available in the morning. The hotel is in an incredibly loud area, two blocks from Beale Street. Music was blaring every night. The small shop in the lobby sold very few snacks and no items like toothpaste, contact lens solution, etc.

On the upside, the Peabody hotel and its restaurants are a few blocks away.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We do provide coffee in the restaurant along with an a la carte menu as well as a breakfast buffet with an omelette station. We also provide basic items such as toothpaste, toothbrush etc. free of charge at the front desk. Thanks to your comments we are looking into adding more items in our Sundry shop that will benefit our guests including snacks and contact lens solution. Being in the heart of downtown within 2 blocks from Beale street the hotel can be loud at times due to the late night music. I apologize if the music prevented you from having a good night's sleep. I do hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in Memphis so that you can experience the changes as a result of your comments.

Travellers are raving about these Memphis hotels

West Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I'm not a world traveler by any means, but as you can tell from my profile I "get around" to my fair share of hotels here in the US. I don't think I've never EVER had a better stay anywhere than at this Double Tree in downtown Memphis.

The staff was superb. I can probably count 8 staff members that I came within a few feet of and every time they struck up a conversation with me, asked how my stay was and if they could do anything to make it even better. I'm not just talking the valet and front desk, but two or three cleaning ladies, a maintenance man, etcetera. The place was remarkable!

The room was very nice on the 8th floor (Hilton Honors floor) too. The tub was a little out of date but other than that I can't mark my overall score down due to that. It is an older building. The room was nice with plenty of amenitites.

And the location was right in the heart of the downtown district. Located across from AutoZone Park, around the corner from the Peabody and the Rendevous and only two blocks from Beale Street. You can't beat it!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jimvad
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay. We are committed to providing excellent service and it's great to hear that the whole Team was committed to making your stay more enjoyable. We look forward inviting you back the next time you are in Memphis!
Vilonia, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We traveled here for our anniversary, and after I booked this hotel, I was kind of worried based on the reviews on here. Our room was EXCEPTIONAL. There was no kind of problem with cleanliness, and the bed and pillows were both very comfortable. They even upgraded our room when they found out it was our anniversary. The service here was exceptional. The valets remembered our names, and always asked if there was something they could do to help. Steered us toward the tourist spots that weren't rip offs, and some local gems that aren't on Beale. Great stay, will definately return for every Memphis trip.

Room Tip: Look for a corner room, they're very spacious
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James S
Ghee A, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Thank you for chosing to stay with us over your Anniversary. We wish you many more happy years to come! I am glad that our staff and hotel was able to provide you with a memorable experience. Thank you for being our guest at the Doubletree by Hilton Memphis Downtown and we look forward to your return.
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Stayed here while in town for business. Desk attendents were very friendly and asked how they could make the stay in town comfortable. Very clean room. Nice cocktail hour with a sense of community. Definitely will go back again.

Room Tip: Ask about the hot cookies.....they were great!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We take pride in providing exceptional customer service and always happy when guest recognize our staff. It means a lot. Thanks for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Memphis.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Booked thru a name your own price website february 20. Staff was extremely polite and competent, But room 220 was without a doubt the worst doubletree room I've ever stayed in. The shower head was loose in the wall, There was
mildew in the grout, and the (filthy) window opened up to what was apparently a loading dock, with trucks beeping all night long. Although The room was cramped, the bed was insanely great! I don't know if they gave me that room because I booked thru a website or not, but it was definitely not the doubletree experience I'm used to having.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dw99992
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We value each and every guest of the hotel regardless of how the reservations is made. I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issue you encountered and I want to assure you that it has been addressed with the appropriate department. I do hope that you give us another opportunity in the future to serve your travel needs. Thank you for being our guest.