Lowest prices for your stay
US$170
View deal
Free cancellation until 21-05-22
Reserve now, pay at stay
eDreams
Travelocity
PricelineUS$171
Hotels.comUS$170
All reviews poached eggs breakfast was delicious yogurt meal rugby
Selected filters
Reviewed November 20, 2020

After a coastal path hike to Aberaeron in foul weather I decided to make the Castle Hotel my destination for a meal and a pint. As I approached the entrance I could see a sign stating that the kitchen was closed. Now I understand how difficult it must be to be a smiling host seven days a week and everyone is entitled to an off day, but now and again I wonder why some people choose a life in the hospitality trade.

I called in to the local bakery then entered the pub doorway to ask if I could bring my pasty in to have with a pint. The landlord said yes, as long as I take my mess with me. Slightly surprised by his response I took it in good humour until, when walking away he added that he hated picking up other peoples mess. Maybe the sight of a wet coat and hiking boots, (clean), was not conducive to the type of clientele he wishes to attract. At that point I couldn’t quite see myself passing money over the bar and sitting down to enjoy a beer with such ‘charming’ company. I told him that I wasn’t too pleased at his comments and walked out leaving him with his two customers.

After my park bench lunch I called in at Zuko’s a few doors down for a coffee where I had a long interesting conversation with the proprietor. A gentleman who, although probably making no money on a pandemic troubled wet November day, was polite and a pleasure to chat with. I know where I’ll be headed next time.

Date of stay: November 2020
2  Thank THot
Reviewed November 9, 2019

Stayed here for 2 nights. Welcome was warm and friendly, we stayed in the room called Non which was clean, and bed was very comfortable, toiletries provided, with nice big towels, tea and coffee making facilities and always a nice touch having some water in the room on arrival. Great location for Aberaeron and reasonably priced. Bar staff were engaging and we enjoyed a pleasant evening in the bar. Breakfast was delicious we had the smoked mackerel and poached eggs and the welsh breakfast, plenty of tea, toast and marmalade, as well as juice, cereals and yoghurts. Spent the morning watching the rugby final and the bar had a fantastic atmosphere. Special thanks to Rachel (Manager) was a great place to stay and we will definitely be returning.

Date of stay: November 2019
David J, Owner at Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2019

Thank you for your delightful review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed November 6, 2019

We had 3nights B+B in the Castle excellent location in the centre of Aberaeron with a choice of cooked breakfast also cereals yoghurt etc , the Full “Welsh “ fryup was superb cooked to order and piping hot

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank cully46

Thank you for your very kind review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at The castle and look forward to seeing you again..

Rachel Humphrey(Manager)

Reviewed August 15, 2019 via mobile

Stayed in the Castle Hotel recently with family and booked 3 rooms. All the rooms were spacious , clean and bright. Although in the center of town it was quiet. Friendly staff and an excellent welsh full breakfast using local produce. We will be back again.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank gareth_eton_wick

Thank you for your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 14, 2019

Four of us stayed here overnight in August. Nanna, bampi, son and grandaughter ((who is half English but so so loves Wales).. a lovely hotel, in a beautiful area of Wales, and very reasonably priced. We packed a lot in two days. Rooms Angharad and Cariad were both lovely with beautiful linen and lovely toiletries. Breakfast was good and the host was very pleasant. Thank you.ps. Marley the dog was with us and he loved the room as well

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Janet L
David J, Owner at Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2019

Thank you for a lovely review, we look forward to seeing you again