“Our Wedding!”

The Towers Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jersey Marine
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We got married at The Towers on 20th April 2012 and I can't say enough about the staff. They were more than amazing. They couldn't do enough for us and our guests.

Kath, our wedding co-ordinator, was an angel in disguise. She obviously knows her job and the venue inside out and thought of things before I did. She was there all day, sorting all the little details and helping with everything. In the evening Rhys took over who was excellent, he kept an eye on everything and checked that I was ok all the time. The waiting and bar staff were also excellent.

We got married in the large function suite that was then turned around in good time for the reception while we had photos outside and drinks in the stylish Penderyn Bar. The staff set out the tables exactly how I wanted and they looked amazing. We had leek and potato soup to start which was lovely, and beef dinner with yorkshire puddings for main. What can I say about the beef dinner? Every single one of our guests have since been raving about how wonderful it was! I don't know what they put in the gravy but it is outstanding! We then had profiteroles and cheesecake for desert. All of our guests thoroughly enjoyed their meals and are still commenting about how lovely it all was.

The evening buffet must have been amazing, by the time I got to it there was nothing left! I have never seen a completely empty buffet table before!

My new husband and I stayed at the top of the Tower which was amazing. A really good way to end the best day ever. Even after my husband gave the key to one of the Bridesmaids and it was decorated in a very bizare fashion ;)

The morning after, our guests who had stayed the night at the hotel joined us for breakfast which was absolutely beautiful! Everything was cooked to perfection and there was plenty of different options to chose from (Cooked breakfast, cerials, fruit, yogurts, juices).

All the little details I had planned were completely understood by Kath and the team, they bent over backwards to ensure myself and my new Husband had an amazing day.

The best part;

As my parents live in Jersey Marine, the village a few hundred yards away from The Towers Hotel, I had planned to walk the short distance from my parents house to the venue. Unfortunately, just before myself and the Bridal party were due to leave, you guessed it, the heavens opened and it poured down with rain! The only time it rained all day! And low and behold, like a knight in shining armour, there was a knock at the door.. It was the lovely Mick from The Towers with his shiny Mercedes! He did three trips to take my 5 bridesmaids and myself and my Dad the few hundred yards up the road. If that is going the extra mile, I don't know what is!

So thank you to Tracy, Mick and all the Towers staff who worked very hard to ensure that myself, my husband and all of our guests had the best day ever, which we all did!

Room Tip: Stay at the top of the Tower for a special occasion, it really is beautiful!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank nwal4306

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Just a quick trip so only managed to sample the hotel and food
Room was meant to be a superior double but it was very tired for the money paid - on the plus side it was clean and comfortable
The food at the restaurant was fantastic and reasonably priced - would recommend it as good value for money
Would stay again overnight and maybe next time try and take in the spa

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Frances186466, Manager at The Towers Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Many thanks for the feedback on your last stay with us. We appreciate all feedback on the hotel and this helps us to improve and make changes where required. The hotel is currently on a rolling refurbishment programme, so we very much hope that you will visit the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

A small family group stayed here overnight for a little pampering.
We booked using the saturday super saver, which consisted of afternoon checkin, day in the sauna, steam room and pool, evening 2 course meal and bed with cereral etc or a full cooked breakfast.
we arrived early and our room weren't ready, but we were shown over to the spa area where we could start to relax and use the facilities. Check-in was easy later on
Our roooms consisted of 2 double beds with a nice bathroom, shower and bath. The rooms were clean and there was tea & coffee facilities and hairdryer etc. The beds were very comfortable.
The evening meal was lovely, plentiful and very tasty, only problem was we ate too much!!. Alcohol prices were very reasonably.
The breakfat breakfast was plentyful, from cereal, fruit, yogurts to a full cooked breakfast.
We had book treatments in the spa for the sunday afternoon, so checked out and headed back over to the spa to continue using the facilities.
The only problem that we encountered was that, the spa had forgotten to call my sister for her treatment, initially the girl at the spa reception tried to blame it on my sister but then agreed that it was their fault, unfortunately we were running out of time so we had to leave without her having her treatment, but she did get her money back.
This unfortunately left a bitter taste in our mouths and i would advise anyone staying to ensure that they are not shy in coming forward regarding how long they wait for their treatments.

Room Tip: upgrade to a superior room, the room are in the same building as the spa
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This was our second visit to The Towers - I didn't review it the first time but would have given it 3 stars. This time it gets 4 - actually four-and-a-half.

Check-in was friendly and efficient with no waiting whatsoever - we arrived mid-afternoon on a Saturday. The room was on the top floor of the main building and we were pretty sure that this was the room we had when we visited a number of years previously. A generously sized room with large sitting area, work space, seperate bed area with Sky TV and a small open air balcony with table and chairs. The bathroom is also big with an excellent shower (one of those with nozzles and sprays everywhere) and bath - the only niggles were the lack of heated towel rail and a strangely designed wash basin which results in more water around the side of the bowl than in it. The furniture was fine though there were marks (hot cup, scratches) on them that could have easily been anticipated and sorted using a surface protector.

The spa area was nice. We decided on having a swim but the pool was too cold for us - and if I remember correctly it was cold the last time. Though I have to be honest and say that I'm always 'last one in'! However the jacuzzi was good and we relaxed for a while on the sun loungers around the pool.

We had drinks and a meal that evening. Service was first class despite the restaurant being full (eventually). The food was plentiful, tasty and pretty good value. A thoroughly excellent experience.

Breakfast the next day was also excellent with a good choice of drinks, plenty of fresh toast brought to the table, cereals and a really wonderful (help yourself) cooked selection - which I have found in other hotels to be below par, but here it was really fresh and well stocked.

We thoroughly enjoyed our break here and will be back.

Room Tip: There are nice views at the front of the hotel taking in Swansea Bay.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank prince_turhan
Reviewed 24 February 2012

On arrival was fortunate to get an upgrade into the annexe which
was useful given that the room had two dble beds of which the one opposite TV had seen better days and had sagged. Good view of tower which is illuminated at nightThe bathroom was smallish with a curtain shower. The shower had good pressure. the pool although large and useful was cold.

Food was ok with the lamb hot pot meaty but heavy. Breakfast was self service and adequate. Hotel has ample parking. Staff at reception most helpful although restaurant staff could be more cheery.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 21 February 2012

On arrival we were greeted by a friendly yet inexperienced receptionist. First day maybe...room was spacious and clean.
We attended a Michael Buble tribute act which was ok, it seems tribute acts are very popular there as every week there is one! The flash dance one sounds interesting....
Food was ok, soup was delivered by a aluminium jug. Felt a bit rushed as clearly the entertainment was the focal point of the evening.
Toilets were dirty with tissue everywhere,
Spa was nice, treatments were professional and thereupatic
Breakfast was plentiful and ranged from fruit and cereals to hot buffet of bacon, sausage eggs etc
Enjoyable but missing something

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank costaki
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Stayed for one night with my family in February 2012. Good spacious, clean rooms. Spa with large swimming pool. Staff were all very friendly. Good value.

• Stayed: February 2012
5.3 km away
Morgans Hotel
Morgans Hotel
#8 of 22 in Swansea

Been to The Towers Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!