All reviews sky tv steam room tribute night birthday treat buffet lunch evening meal function room steak superior room overnight stay leisure facilities lovely room self service changing rooms lounge area toast my mum
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

Amazing . Lovely food lovely staff.. thank you for singing happy birthday to my mother . Keep up the good work . I recommend towers hotel to everyone . Be taking my staff here for our Christmas party .

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2018

My friend and I booked a day package and had a lovely welcome, the receptionist was so excited for us, it was infectious, such a lovely way to be greeted!
Chloe was my therapist and I had a lime and ginger scrub and back massage and they are possibly the best treatments I've ever experienced.
The lunch was a plentiful buffet despite being described as a light lunch,the only improvement that could be made is dining tables to sit at, eating your lunch on your lap while wearing a bath robe was quite awkward but the food was really good.
The afternoon was spent snoozing in the conservatory near the pool, a hen party descended on the jacuzzi about halfway through the afternoon following a boozy lunch and had to be reminded a few times to keep the noise down, as much as I wouldn't complain as we've all been in a roudy group at some point, its not really fair on the other guests to allow such large parties into the spa when so many have paid money for a relaxation day.
Over all, the little nitpics I have didn't spoil the lovely day and I would definitely return and encourage friends and family to visit.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank CerianJ
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Visited here last Sunday for our wedding taster meal. We are getting married in the towers in September 2019 so we’re sampling dishes in readiness. The service was excellent and my coordinator could not do enough for me, as always!! She’s fab! The Service was prompt and the food was amazing. Portions are very large (so come hungry) and it was so difficult to pick from all the great choices presented to us. The Sunday dinner is beautiful and served with a lot of veg choices. All desserts we sampled were lovely and presented really well. We cannot wait for a few more meals here before our big day! Would highly recommend :)

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2018

Booked a night away for our 30th wedding anniversary. Booking in was no problem and the staff were really good answering our questions. The room was adequate but nothing special. We had use of the spa facilities but did not use them so cannot comment.Likewise breakfast as the food the night before wasn't very good we didn't fancy trying it. My husband loved the bed and slept all night but i found it uncomfortable and tossed and turned all night. This is a hotel that caters to a lot of weddings so if you want a quiet time forget it.I went our for a last cigarette before bed and there was drunken arguing but i didn't mind, thats what happens in weddings

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed September 25, 2018

Stayed at The Towers recently, not impressed.
Good: Reception staff were welcoming and informative. Room, in a building detached from reception, was comfy enough, usual facilities. Noise levels were good. Parking was plentiful enough.
Location: Good, off the M4 and a jump off point for East Wales. More should be made of this point.
Not so good:
Grounds ok, but I had to do an impromptu litter pick which in truth should have been sorted by a staff member ( accept the hotel did not dump the litter, more like feral guests!) we were "welcomed" to the presence of a wedding group many of whom were slugging drinks outside and abandoning them on ledges outside, again the staff should have been all over it.
Really not good:
1. Evening meal. For me, what was described as a curry was an oily stew. Yuk. I sent it back and did not ask for a replacement as menu did not appeal.
2. Layout of table-please someone do not allow cutlery wrapped in paper napkins and please tell staff how knives and forks should be laid.Oh yes...extra Melba is not a plate of lemon slices....to go with pate.
3. Waiting staff, no one person seemed to be responsible for us and other diners. Bar staff need to be more friendly and greeting rather than stressing about wedding party, WE WERE GUESTS TOO...paying to stay with you.
4.Room-apparently clean, however ledges and such were dusty-white cloth test!
5.There are no umbrellas to help you across the open spaces in the event od Welsh rain

Cost: £130. A bit on the steep side really. Granted I opted to stay, however this was a choice made on what I think are overly positive reviews.

Would I stay again? Probably not. However, there are few places in the area that offer good one night stays. If the hotel can up its game I would reconsider OR eat elsewhere and hope for the best.

Room Tip: I have no room tips.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple