“The perfect answer to the question "Where to Stay in Snowdonia?"”
Review of Bron Eryri

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Capel Curig
Bron Eryri
Ranked #4 of 6 Capel Curig B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 October 2016

What do you need before a day in the hills? A comfortable bed in a well prepared bedroom, decorated in a comfortable and contemporary style (the photos on the website don't do the rooms justice) followed by the heartiest of breakfasts? What do you need at the end of a day in the hills? The warmest of welcomes, lots of tea and home-made cake in a comfortable sitting room, with a perfect view of Moel Siabod? This B&B is a beautiful location is the perfect answer to that question of where to stay, Carole is the perfect host, for whom nothing is too much trouble. Great rooms, great breakfast and a great host - you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Double rooms at the front have the best views.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew M
There are newer reviews for Bron Eryri

Reviewed 11 October 2016

My family and I stayed at Bron Eryri B&B for two nights. We didn’t want to leave! Our rooms had fantastic views and the B&B, was very comfortable, spacious, clean and warm. My family and I also really appreciated the well-stocked hospitality trays and delicious biscuits in our rooms.

It was a wonderful treat to stay in such a beautiful and charming Victorian house which was full of character. Bron Eryri is also located in a very enchanting area and overlooks Moel Siabod, scenic woodland and river.

Everything about Bron Eryri B&B is first class, it is so peaceful, beautiful and in a superb location with the addition of the exceptional, very friendly, and helpful host Carole who pays such attention to detail and who made our stay very memorable. We were very grateful to Carole for the tea and homemade cakes that she offered to us on arrival following our long journey and we really enjoyed relaxing and reading in Carole’s comfortable lounge which had an interesting selection of books and magazines with information about the local area and walking routes.

My family and I really enjoyed our cooked breakfasts, yoghurts, bread and Carole’s delicious homemade jam. I am a vegetarian and Carole made me the most delicious breakfast with very tasty veggie sausages and all the trimmings! My mother and brother also enjoyed their breakfasts and we were grateful for Carole’s attentive and highly efficient service.

We would definitely recommend Bron Eryri B&B to people who like peace and quiet, beautiful views, comfort and appreciate a fantastic breakfast!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Vizetelly
Reviewed 3 October 2016

At the risk of being repetitive you will not find a more delightful host and B and B in the country, set in a great location with super views and 30 second walk to excellent pub....The breakfast and extras cakes, coffee, night caps are all a bonus. We are still not related to Carol but if you are doing North Wales don't look elsewhere. THANK YOU see you next year. (Stayed Sept 2016)

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank bobbymoore06
Reviewed 23 September 2016

I visit Snowdonia a lot to go hill walking. Capel Curig is a good place to stay for access to the Carneddau, Snowdon, or the Glydders. I particularly love the Ogwen Valley which is easily accessible from here, as is Betys y Coed. I love staying at Bron Eryi because Carol is so helpful and caring, this is particularly important as a solo traveller. Carole offered me tea and cake on arrival, which was really appreciated after my long journey from Southampton. She persuaded me to order a bigger breakfast, which was excellent quality by the way. She was good at catering for me as a veggie and interested in my opinion about the veggie sausages. She provided toothpaste which I had forgotten and took particular details of my planned route in case I got into trouble in the mountains. She provided an excellent packed lunch, with homemade bread pudding, a huge slice! I loved the storage units in the room which were spacious and modern and the view from the front of the house of Moel Siabod is wonderful. The room was spacious, clean and attractively decorated. The River Llugwy is just across the road and the pub is right next door. The surroundings are breathtaking, as well as charming. The situation of this guest house is just superb. I also like the fact that parking is easy.The best thing about Bron Eryi is the personal service you get from Carole. She takes going the extra mile to a whole new level!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Cathryn S
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

All the comments are true. We couldn't fault the accomodation. The B&B is set in beautiful surroundings; with a fantastic view of Moel Siabod, a fast flowing river, and some lovely horses to admire - all viewed from the accomodation windows. There are lots of options for pub dinners within close walking distance too, our favourite being Bryn Tyrch Inn close by.

The B&B itself was a lovely retreat from a day trekking up Snodown (a short drive away). Carol, the host was truly wonderful; once we arrived at the B&B Carol had tea and homemade cake waiting for us, what a treat that was, she also has a wealth of knowledge regarding local walks and routes, we found this extremely useful being novice mountain walkers.The rooms were extremely comfortable, the bed was super comfortable too- I had no problems drifting off to sleep. Carol also makes the most fantastic breakfast a real 5 star breakfast with quality ingredients- perfect to set you up for a day in the mountains or exploring. Carol always went the extra mile to make your stay perfect, this included giving my parents a pot of home made plum jam which we had enjoyed at breakfast.

I would highly recommend this accomodation, it's superb value for money and the host was exceptional.

The Simpson family - Warwickshire

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Taniah S
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Cannot fault this guest house. Carole is a marvelous hostess going above and beyond to make your stay an absolute pleasure! We feel we have made a friend! The house is extremely welcoming, warm and cosy. The rooms are very tastefully done and the breakfast is one of the best we've had. We'll definitely be returning. Thanks Carole

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bev C
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

Warm,cosy and very welcoming.Comfortable rooms with a great view and only 2 minutes walk from the pub. A great place to stay when walking or climbing in Snowdonia.Carol has good contacts if you want to hire a guide and she has great local knowledge to put you on the right path for a walk/hike/trek. An excellent Welsh breakfast sets you up for the day, and then cake and coffee for when you get back. A 5 minute drive down the valley puts you in Betws y Coed, and 5 minutes the other way puts you at Plas y Brenin. Perfect.

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank Mike S

Been to Bron Eryri? Share your experiences!