“Food good if nothing remarkable, views stunning, service excellent”

The Plas Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 21 Restaurants in Harlech
Price range: US$14 - US$40
Cuisines: British, Welsh
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Plas Restaurant is situated on the High Street of the Historic coastal town of Harlech. It's frontage gives few hints as to what lies beyond. An elegant Restaurant and a relaxing, comfortale Conservatory, with lawns to it's front taking full advantage of the most spectacular views of Royal St. David's Golf Course and across the bay to the Llyn Peninsular. From the conservatory and terrace there are wonderfully close views of Harlech Castle, once the home of Owain Glyndwr.
Reviewed September 27, 2015

This feels like a hotel restaurant but there don't seem to be any rooms! Anyway, there is a fantastic terrace out the back with gorgeous views over the bay. There are also tables which look over the terrace and out over the bay too. We had a steak and ale burger which was ok, and a pork belly which was rather more fat than meat but otherwise the quality was good and we enjoyed our meals. Chips and onion rings were good and the puddings looked very tempting though we resisted! They also had some nice wines at very reasonable prices (e.g. Argentinian Malbec at about £16).
Service was excellent and we enjoyed our evening there. Price was on the high end for the area but not unreasonable.

Reviewed September 23, 2015

After visiting Harleh castle Walking around village A excellent fined The Plas restaurant in the high street We sat in the garden WOW great views With a lovely scone and pot of tea And good service From staff ANNA .Thank you

Reviewed September 22, 2015 via mobile

If the weather allows you should eat outside in the terrace, it is possibly the best view we have ever seen! You can have dogs outside, and the food we had was delicious. We had the salmon fillet and the belly pork. The staff are friendly and efficient. Local beers with a stunning sunset perfect!

Reviewed September 21, 2015

The views from the conservatory are amazing, we were lucky and went on a beautiful evening. Choices for vegetarians are limited. The stuffed peppers were fine, but overpriced. Service was speedy and efficient but there was a lack of warmth and friendliness. It is not possible to reserve a table, so we had to queue on the street. I would return for the location and I'm sure the food would be at least acceptable.

Reviewed September 18, 2015

Staying in the area for a few days, we ended up eating here a couple of times. It's a little bit more pricey than I would have liked to pay for the quality of food I got but in a small town with little other choice, I did.

I would describe the food as large portions of pub grub. Good hearty and filling, not worth the money but tasty and edible. Maybe they could charge less if they gave smaller portions. The first time I went in I ordered the Pork and Leek Sausage and Mash. It came with 6 yes really 6 sausages, which is totally excessive and not necessary. If they charge a couple of quid less and had a portion of 3 sausages it would have been perfect and still filling, plus then I'd have ordered a dessert so they'd have made more money out of me, this way they didn't.

There's a good choice of local real ales too.

The service on the other hand is excellent. We went in on a busy night and there were only two girls serving, so there was a delay, but they were still friendly and helpful and didn't rush us. They were also very apologetic for keeping us waiting. Obviously when a not booked large group turns up and there's only two staff on this can't be predicted and so I can't fault the staff for the delay.