I stayed at 62 Glan Gors this weekend, celebrating my birthday in the Snowdonia National Park with my mother, brother and our dog.
The apartment is lovely. Completely spotless upon arrival (we hope we returned it that way!) with 2 bedrooms (1 double bed, 1 bunk bed) and also a sofa bed in the open plan living room/kitchen.
The apartment is dog friendly and so we brought our little dog along with us on the journey. He absolutely loved it! And even though being dog friendly we found no evidence of dogs having been there before - it was so clean, no smell of dogs or dog hair anywhere.
The kitchen is fully equipped with a cooker/grill, microwave, fridge-freezer and sink and of course all the amenities you would need to prepare any meals. There is a dining table and some extremely comfortable lounging chairs just in front of the TV.
The shower works perfectly (a warm comfort to return to after a hike in the surrounding mountains) and the bathroom like everywhere else is clean and well kept.
Both bedrooms are clean and equipped with clean sheets, quilts and pillows. All mattresses are comfortable enough to sink into and there are also towels and body wash provided for the shower.
We arrived rather late on our arrival date and chose to cook our own food in the apartment rather than dining out in the local village and the following day we had our own BBQ (although there is one provided, we brought our own by accident) out on the patio just outside the sliding doors.
Wifi is provided and there is a TV that has multiple freeview channels if you feel like lazing around in the apartment. There are books and travel guides of the local area and also a wide selection of board games for rainy days.
The owner; Paul, was very helpful in providing any answers to questions that I had about the apartment and visiting the village, and was sure to reply to my emails as soon as he could.
Visiting Harlech and Snowdonia has been a real treat for us this weekend.
My mother stayed in Harlech when she was pregnant with me, so it was nice to return to the village with the family and see how it has changed after 23 years. I am also a great fan of the national park and have passed through Harlech a few times - it is a real gem in North Wales, with giant mountains in the background and a long luscious beach stretching out ahead.
I will definitely be recommending this apartment to friends and family and hope to return again in the future!
The flat was clean and extremely well equipped with little extras like childrens' DVDs,games, travel cot, lots of kitchen equipment, a barbecue, even little bottles of shower gel.Space was perfect for us, a family group of 3 adults and 2 young children. Location was great, near the beach and very quiet. My son loved playing in the communal garden area. The owner responded to my questions very quickly and politely. We were very happy with our stay, and would stay again on our next visit to Harlech. Thank you Paul!
Super place to stay no problems at all, very pleased with everything. Good base to see snowdonia national park from everything close at hand many thanks
We stayed here over the April/May bank holiday as a last min booking, got a little bit of a discount due to this too which is always good. From what I can tell the apartment is marketed and priced for people looking for a budget rental at between £50-70 per night which I'd say is about right.
• Clean and tidy, I mention this first as in my experience not all budget holiday lets are. I'm a bit OCD too and this place ticked my boxes.
• Very comfy bed, definitely a must when walking all day!!
• Homely feel, it had a lot of extra touches not only in the kitchen items such as lunch boxes but also things like plants spotted around, DVDs, books, board games, local maps, local recommendations, heater fans, extra blankets etc. All things which just add to that little extra comfort.
• Good location to explore most of Snowdonia by car and with a few things within easy walk such as shops, castle and beach.
• Large communal gardens right outside the patio doors, perfect for dogs or children.
• Free parking right next to the back door.
• Location, now you pay for what you get here as it's within a community of budget apartments, you do get the odd 'character' and sadly not all the other apartments are as well looked after.
• When we arrived there was scaffolding going up and during our stay was a bit of noise from maintenance work - not ideal during a holiday but manageable.
• Difficulty with the shower, we couldn't get the shower to stay on a mid temperature so it was either freezing or boiling. We just had to bath the whole time, which when you have sore muscles Isn't a bad thing really but otherwise is a little time consuming.
Overall we would recommend this place and happily stay again.
We spent two nights and I wish we had booked it for longer. The apartment was lovely, Very clean, very comfortable, lots of space, completely furnished with lots of attention to detail.
Location was great, not far from lots of attractions, close to beach, beautiful view. Having internet was very helpful at night as the phone signal was not great.
I would highly recommend it.
We stayed in this apartment again this year haven't been since 2014 and it is just as nice as it was then with added wi -fi extra a very big help for communication you have no phone service there for mobiles everything was clean and place was very warm ideal for winter stays would stay again with no problem