“Climbing, swimming and cafe all great”
Review of Harlech Leisure

Harlech Leisure
Ranked #10 of 15 things to do in Harlech
More attraction details
Owner description: Harlech and Ardudwy Leisure Center is a community owned and run facility in the heart of southern Snowdonia. The center boasts a 25m meter pool hosting a range of activities, an extensive and innovative climbing wall, coupled with a fantastic cafe serving home cooked meals and cakes. It really is a place the whole family can enjoy.
Reviewed July 24, 2018

Took a group of boys to the climbing wall for my sons birthday, great fun had by all. Warm friendly staff and a great cafe with lovely food

Date of experience: July 2018
"great manner"
"waterside cafe"
"excellent facility"
in 2 reviews
"lovely view of the castle"
"great fun"
"instructor"
in 8 reviews
"taster"

Reviewed July 4, 2018

Visited the in-house Waterside Cafe for a leisurely fry-up prior to a long walk - six hungry guys in all our gear. The breakfast and coffee were excellent but it was the friendliness of the staff that made it a real experience. Nothing was too much trouble - Hope to return sometime soon.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank David H
Reviewed June 21, 2018

Having flirted with the idea of learning to climb, I found myself in Harlech for the afternoon on the 14th June. Reading a guide to the town I discovered the leisure centre has a climbing wall - so I rang and booked myself in for an hours taster session that afternoon.

I was taught by Anna, who immediately put me at ease and got me onto the wall as quick as possible. The lesson was great fun and Anna was a great teacher - by the end of the hour my arms were floppy and my legs sore.

Having enjoyed it so much, after returning home looked for places close to continue my learning. Last night I completed my first 2 hour session at the Rope Race climbing centre in Marple.

Thank you Anna!

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank James B
Reviewed April 15, 2018

Nice pool which was warm - we went for the family swim and the floats came out for the children. Changing rooms could do with a facelift as look very aged but you don't spend that long in there so we wouldn't let this put us off and will be back again for another swim when we are in Harlech again!

Date of experience: April 2018