All reviews bridal suite wedding venue four poster bed beautiful room lovely hotel comfortable bed two nights bank holiday weekend breakfast room couple of nights warm welcome babs bedroom caernarfon
Reviewed June 17, 2018

Booked this as a break away with my partner. On entering the building it was pretty empty, we rang a bell and a lady appeared who took us up to our room. On the way up I started to feel as though I had made a mistake, the carpet in the hall was going grey and in need of a really good clean or just replacing. We entered the room and the carpet in there was also quite old and discoloured in places but also looked as though it had not been hoovered for over a weak. I went straight to the bathroom to check he cleanliness in there. It looked mostly ok apart from the pubic hair left in the bath and the unusual leaky pipe smell which clearly had not escaped despite all the windows being open. I went back down and range the bell and told the lady at the desk who apologised and ran up to clean the room. We headed out for the evening and came back around half 8 pm. We had a nosy around the rest of the building and came across the breakfast room. All the places were set ready for the next day with butter out on plates uncovered while a couple of fly's buzzed around. There was also fruit such as prunes and orange segments out in bowels uncovered. We decided we would not be having breakfast there in the morning despite paying for it already. The bed appeared clean thankfully and we did enjoy the large bath once it had been cleaned. The night again was not great, about midnight the door bell started ringing and just didn't stop for ages. I'm pretty sure the room next to us opened up and went down to see to it. I didn't fancy going down in case they were not guests of the house but I did think it was terrible no staff were on site to deal with this eventuality. Overall I was quite disappointed. This was supposed to be a treat for me and my partner and it just turned out to be a little unpleasant.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank tellitlikeitis89
MeifodOwner, Owner at Meifod Country House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Sorry, your stay was unpleasant the hair in the bath was a small scratch the lady informed you of this on your return that evening but you insisted it wasn't !!
I live on the premises and was in the kitchen at the time of the front doorbell ringing it was around 1 am it was a family of four with two small children wanting a room for the night, unfortunately, this we can't avoid 20 years of running the business this has happened only a times we did apologise next morning to all our guest all of them (I thought) understood we don't have anything out that need to be in the fridge only dried fruits and it is always covered did you take into consideration that the waitress was actually still attending to the breakfast preparation we strive to keep a high standard of cleanliness this is why we have a rating of 5 with the food hygiene department
again we apologise for your disappointing stay
kind regards
Lilian.

Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this beautiful country house for a short break this bank holiday. The grounds were well kept and everywhere was clean. The room was perfect with a nice big bath. The bed was superb so was slightly disappointed that we were only sleeping in it for one night! The women who checked us in and sorted breakfast for us was extremely friendly and very helpful. Wonderful visit and highly recommend!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank GazW183
Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful house in a great location just outside of Caernarfon. Breakfast was lovely and plentiful. The room was spotless. Would definitely stay again. The lady at reception and cooking (I presume the owner) couldn’t do enough for you. Lovely stay. We will return!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank jlroberts93
Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

What a beautiful hotel with spectacular surroundings. A perfect spot to enjoy an absolutely fabulous Afternoon Tea for Sue’s birthday celebrations. The food was plentiful and delicious- fresh local produce! The freshly baked scones were the icing on the cake!
We were so full we couldn’t finish it all but it was too nice to leave so the rest was parcelled up for us to take away. We will definitely be back soon.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Liz M
Reviewed April 16, 2018

My husband and I spent bank holiday weekend here and it was wonderful, the location is beautiful and the grounds are amazing.
Our bedroom was the perfect size for the two of us; very comfy bed, a very large TV, and a little corridor that led on to a glorious bathroom. Although it was a tad strange only having glass doors, it was still nice to soak in the bath after a hard days hike!
The staff were very helpful and friendly throughout our stay and recommended plenty of places to eat and see around the local area, and we were even given complimentary afternoon tea on the Sunday!

Thank you so much for great hospitality, we will defiantly come back here when we are next in Wales.

Date of stay: April 2018