“Waste of time and money ”

Seven Seas II Fish Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 59 Restaurants in Monmouth
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

I waited 10 minutes for the fish to be cooked and the lady serving was pleasant.
But the chips for me to put them in the bin when I was hungry must be shocking and the fish while cooked fresh was not good at all.
I was so disappointed and what a waste of money and time.
My son also felt exactly the same.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Had lunch here last Friday. Menu was as expected. Fish 'n' chips. We both had the cod, chips, mushy peas with bread and butter and a drink. Bill came to just under £20 which seemed ok for a reasonable lunch. It made a decent change from run of the mill pub-grub.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Alas the previously excellent Seven Seas II has changed hands (and name, now the Priory St Chippy I think) and has gone dramatically downhill.

Our recent visit was horribly disappointing. The service, while friendly enough was rather unprofessional. The food was served in polystyrene trays rather on plates and the food itself was very poor. The chips were greasy and tasted like the previous day's leftovers. The batter of the fish was thick and uncooked in places.

We will not return.

Reviewed 25 March 2016

Have been going here for years. Had a poor experience a few weeks ago, long wait and when we got home the mushy peas were stone cold, clearly they hadn't switched the warmer on! I thought I would give it another shot today. Waited 10 minutes for order to be taken, understaffed. The place looks as if it needs a good tidy up. Poor woman behind the counter apologised when she eventually served me, I was the only one waiting. Another girl had her a coat on and she was slumped across the counter, she then started carving some meat off the kebab spit, still in her coat. I nearly left but we were hungry! Smaller portions than they used to be, pale undercooked chips so maybe just as well portion was small. Generally the place looks down at heel and the staff don't seem very bothered and don't look appropriately dressed for cooking and serving food. Very sad as it used to be a brilliant fish and cheap shop. I shan't bother again.

Reviewed 2 March 2016

We have been going to this chip shop for years but just recently we have noticed that the portions have been getting smaller. The other day we paid £1.80 for a portion of chips and it was put in a little carton and im not joking it wasnt enough for even a little kids chips portion let alone a regular at that price. What was worse was that we got them home and they were all green and gross. Dont go here if you want something to actually eat!!!