“Get beasted in to the Fish and Chips”

Castell Deudraeth Brasserie
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Castell Deudraeth is an informal brasserie style restaurant on the Portmeirion estate serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. Lunch served 12.00 to 2.00pm daily. Booking is advised especially during school holidays however if you turn up without a booking we will always try to accommodate your requirements. A free entry voucher to Portmeirion is available with a two course lunch. Parking outside; no steps on ground floor. Castell Deudraeth has 11 rooms and suites upstairs (with lift and stair access). Open all year.
Reviewed October 2, 2017

No need to reiterate the reviews about the setting and afternoon village pass.

The desire to set a superior standard is obvious in the demeanour of the staff who demonstrated that they have been well trained in the finer points of their profession.

The soup du jour was very nice but the moules were without doubt the highlight of the meal. The classic pea risotto was delicious but the portion could have served two quite easily so was not finished. Guinea fowl breast is tricky to keep moist and, alas, the kitchen did not get it quite right. Perhaps this was a timing issue with the risotto resulting in too long a hold at the pass. The quality was there however.

There seemed to be quite a few locals-who-lunch there and they all seemed to be beasting into the fish and chips with great relish so perhaps there is a lesson there.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

We were recommended to eat lunch at Castell Deudraeth to qualify for free entrance tickets to Portmeirion village. Seemed an expensive way to save money but hey.
The first time we arrived to check out the menu, we saw that the restaurant was closed for a wedding so my husband asked at reception to book for the next day. He came out full of praise for the friendly and efficient service he received.
Next day we returned in great anticipation and we were not disappointed - he was even recognised by the receptionist from the day before. The staff were attentive and friendly, offering us the free entry vouchers even before we asked. And the food was so tasty and well-presnted that the meal was the highlight of our day out. Good vegetarian options. We'd happily go back without needing the excuse of visiting the village!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed September 21, 2017

From the reception the staff were brilliant.
We were stopping with my wife's Mom & Dad as they had booked a week in one of the cottages nearby and wanted to treat us to a "posh" meal
While none of us knew exactly what to expect we were all delighted with the quality and the flavour of the food. When it arrived at the table it didn't look like there was much on the plate but the experience was the opposite as we all felt well fed after the main and had to force ourselves to got for dessert.
I think I may have influenced this choice as I had taken a shine to the four cheese board with crackers and onion chutney, (naturally made in house) and I was glad to have taken this option as the cheeses were local Welsh made and very high quality.
My wife and I decided to check out Roasted guinea fowl breast on a Penderyn whisky cream sauce, bubble & squeak, beetroot, honey roasted carrots as we'd never tried guinea fowl before and the taste of every individual part of the meal was fantastic and all the flavours balanced perfectly. We agreed that as it tasted like chicken we could probably live without guinea fowl on the menu in the future.
My wife had Vanilla crème brûlée, raspberries, honey Madeleine which was also reported as delicious. I may never get the chance to dine there again as we won't go as a family group again and the Portmeirion experience is a one off type of thing and really only takes a day to satiate yourself even if, like me, you are a Prisoner fan.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

Booked a table here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. They were very busy so when turned up very early, went out of their way to accommodate us earlier. Food was excellent and staff very attentive.

Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

I decided to stay at the Castell on the evening of 28 August. I felt very special from the moment I entered reception. I can't praise Anwen and Gareth and all the staff I had the pleasure of meeting in the Castell and Portmeirion hotel, obviously happy in their work and they cannot do enough to make sure the customer is happy.
Accommodation: first class
Evening meal at Portmeirion Hotel: outstanding and view incredible.
Breakfast Castell: couldn't ask for more
Hospitality and customer service: first class
Had admission to Portmeirion village and my son wife and 2 small children joined me; Transport was provided to and from the Portmeirion Village.
Thank you all, can't give enough praise.

Date of visit: August 2017